convert audio format converts only 28 seconds

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

convert audio format converts only 28 seconds

Post by Guest »

When I use "convert audio format" to rip a CD sometimes only the first 28 seconds are converted.
I put the CD in the drive, select the CDRom drive in "My Computer", select the tracks I want to rip and call "convert audio format" from the "Tools" menu. Destination format is MP3, preset "Compatible: CBR 192 kbps - High Quality+". This procedure always worked fine for me. But now "sometimes" I find only the first 28 seconds of the songs in the resulting files. It even happened that the first three files were correct and all the others were just 28 seconds long.
I don't know what has changed in my configuration. Any advice what has happened? Did I miss a certain setting?
nachtgieger

Post by nachtgieger »

It was me that asked - something was wrong with the Log in.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

I've never used 'convert' from cd to mp3..

Use the RIP function.. its the menu item just above convert on the tools menu...
nachtgieger

Post by nachtgieger »

"rip audio cd" also sometimes misses the end of some songs - very strange, if i execute the same "rip audio cd" it works. I have to compare the length of the songs to see if it worked or not.
Has anybody else noticed this? Could the reason be a lack of disk space or a slow computer or hard disk?