Lyrics in main window

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

theinvoker

Lyrics in main window

Post by theinvoker »

Hi everybody.....I'm new to mediamonkey

I need only 1 thing more.....lyrics.....i have intalled evtllyrics but i see lyrics in its own window....is it possible to see them inside mediamonkey?

thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That's not possible with evillyrics.

You might want to check out:
Detailed Song Info Panel
or
Embedded MiniLyrics window
or
Simple Lyrics Viewer
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

ah ok....which one finds more lyrics?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The first and third option only work when the lyrics are stored in the tag. EvilLyrics could be used for that.

The second option uses MiniLyrics. It seems that people on the forum prefer MiniLyrics. I don't use any so I don't know which works better.
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

ok thanks....i'll try minilyrics....i don't want to copy and paste lyrics every time!
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

nice
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

If the lyrics were in the tags you could try my Lyric Timer or Inline Lyrics scripts. I'm also working on a version of Lyric Timer which will automatically grab the lyrics from EvilLyrics - without them needing to be in the tags.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

i'm using minilyrics now and it works well even if it can't find many lyrics of the groups i listen to :-(
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Well a couple months ago the music industry decided to go after lyrics websites as they consider it copyright infringment. Besides I don't know what you listen to, if it's more unknown or local groups you might just be out of luck.
theinvoker

Post by theinvoker »

i listen to power metal.......mostly groups from sweden finland italy and germany.

When i used winamp i had "leo's lyrics plugin" and it found many lyrics...
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You could try it with MediaMonkey as many WinAmp plugins work with MediaMonkey.

You could also see which websites/DB's the Leo plugin uses and if you can add them to the MiniLyrics plugin.
MeMeMe

Post by MeMeMe »

I listen to similar songs, and Evil Lyrics works much better at finding my lyrics than Minilyrics. You might want to give that a try.
sublime

Post by sublime »

trixmoto wrote:I'm also working on a version of Lyric Timer which will automatically grab the lyrics from EvilLyrics - without them needing to be in the tags.
Oh, that would be excellent! Then I wouldn't have to open EvilLyrics every time I opened MM.
trixmoto

Post by trixmoto »

Sorry sublime, posssibly you misunderstand me. My script will not search for the lyrics, EvilLyrics will do this. But when EvilLyrics finds results it saves them in text files on your computer. My script will find the relevant text file.

So yes, if you have already found the lyrics then you will not need EvilLyrics running to view them. Maybe this is what you meant.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.