Using Custom Tag Fields

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:27 pm

Iggy64 wrote:Really?! I've been using mp3Tag for quite a while, and I've always wished it could show me more frames. I can only see the basics, like title, artist, year, genre, comments, and a couple of others. I don't see anything near the 74 or so frames that are supposedly available in an ID3v2. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I wonder if there's something in the setup options that lets me see more frames? I'll have to check that out when I get home this weekend.
Try ID3TAGIT (freeware). It does a good job of showing the frames that support the 3 custom fields.
http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com/Id3TagIt

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:44 am

Teknojnky wrote:You can use the classification nodes to create custom tags, however they are saved to the database only meaning you wouldn't be able to use them with other apps unless you create a playlist for each type and export it.
I think you are referring to the "Tempo", "Mood", "Quality", and "Occasion" fields. If you are, they are saved in the mp3 and are interchangeable with other applications. When I moved form Music Match to Media Monkey, all my inputs into these fields were read by Media Monkey, and I use another app to create nicer html pages and it reads the Media Monkey created entries in these fields.