mp3 PRO

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

rudolfo2

mp3 PRO

Post by rudolfo2 »

Does anyone know if the software for converting mp3 PRO to anything else ( ape,ogg AAC ) exist at all ???
Regards MMs.
Steegy

Post by Steegy »

Yeah sure. If you install the mp3pro plugin and use the correct settings, you can convert them to ogg with MediaMonkey. In the upcoming MM3, you'll be able to convert to aac (and maybe other formats) too.
Extensions: ExternalTools, ExtractFields, SongPreviewer, LinkedTracks, CleanImport, and some other scripts (Need Help with Addons > List of All Scripts).
rudolfo2

Post by rudolfo2 »

Steegy wrote:Yeah sure. If you install the mp3pro plugin and use the correct settings, you can convert them to ogg with MediaMonkey. In the upcoming MM3, you'll be able to convert to aac (and maybe other formats) too.
Do you know how to install plug-in ??The problem is it's not MM plug-in.

I've installed the plug-in,disabled others as instructed & everythings OK.
rcmit@yahoo.com

mp3 pro

Post by rcmit@yahoo.com »

I've installed MM3 and I can only see how to convert to WMA, OGG, WAV, and FLAC from an MP3 Pro file.

I too would like to see an MP3 Pro encoder. I use in for encoding music for my MP3 player (Creative Labs). It may not be the best quality but it's hard to tell while walking along a busy road :), and it saves about 50% over regular MP3. Best of all, every MP3 player I've had for the past five years has played MP3 Pro!
kdo

Re: mp3 pro

Post by kdo »

rcmit@yahoo.com wrote:every MP3 player I've had for the past five years has played MP3 Pro!
Isn't it because when a portable player plays mp3-Pro file it really plays only its "ordinary mp3" part and ignores the "Pro" (SBR) part?
IIRC that's how it is.
Then one can achieve the same result with just ordinary mp3, resampled to 22 kHz and encoded at half bitrate.

mp3 pro

Post by Guest »

RCA Lyra mp3 players are the only ones I know of that officially support mp3pro SBR (full 44.1khz playback).

Some others might quietly support it, but few if any other than the RCA lines will officially admit having enabled 'full' mp3pro support.