Ripping DualDisk CD's

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

nosfera2

Ripping DualDisk CD's

Post by nosfera2 »

Anyone know how to rip the audio side of a dual disk cd (the ones where there's audio on one side, and usually video on the other)? My pc never seems to recognize these and I've tried flipping it over, etc. to no avail.

There seems to be an awful lot of knowledgeable folks on this site so I thought I'd ask.

Thanx much!!
Peke

Post by Peke »

If you have NERO insert CD and write here what Nero Disc Info Say about it (ScreenShot would be good) and I'll tell you exactly what is the catch :)
I know that Audiograbber is old dude but it still do the job done especially on mixed/extended mode CDs.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

I have a feeling that if your computer isn't recognizing it, you might be out of luck...

I have a few of these and have never had a problem ripping them using EAC. The biggest problem I've had with these discs is getting them in the right side up.

Erik
Peke

Post by Peke »

If CD is playing in normal CD-Player then there is correct structure written on CD only we need to see how to read it.

I have never found any of my CDs wont RIP for backup, SONY releases were tricky but....
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

Thanks to both of you for your help and input. When I put the disk in, I don't get any sort of error message. I can hear it spinning in the drive, but nothing happens--it doesn't even start playing. And yes, it does work fine in my 'regular' cd player.

I hear you completely regarding putting the correct side face up--drives me nuts. Thank God I only have a couple of these.
emalvick

Post by emalvick »

I'm not sure if you have multiple drives, but have you tried using another drive or even another computer? Have you tried browsing to the disc using Windows Explorer?

My next suggestion is to see if the DVD side even works in your computer's DVD drive.

I know that there was a problem with Sony DualDiscs (and some other Sony Discs) that if the autoplay for a drive even tried to work, that it could effectively block the drive. I never experienced this, but I did read about it when I had gotten one of these. I have since disabled the autoplay on my drives just to prevent this type of thing, although i've never dealt with it.

Just in case you might want to look up some info (using Google maybe) regarding Sony discs and copy protection and dual discs. The info is a bit overwhelming, but it might lend insight into the problems you are having in ripping that disc.
nosfera2

Post by nosfera2 »

I only have the one drive (it's a laptop), but I will indeed try the other suggestions this weekend.

Thanx for all the help --it's truly appreciated!! :D