Adding to Playlists

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Sir Loin

Adding to Playlists

Post by Sir Loin » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:04 pm

I am trying to sycronize my neighbors IPod, I hate ITunes, love MM.
Because I have 57 GB of music and his IPod is only a 1 GB I can't sync all my files, he wouldn't want them anyway.
So I am going through my music in MM and selecting songs individually, right clicking, scrolling down to Playlist and selecting his playlist on the bottom of the menu.
This is a lot of clicking and scrolling, is there a way to put the playlist where it is always visible so I can drag and drop the song I want?
I still awaiting my copy of 'MENSA for Dummies'

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 am

Well you can drag the song straight onto the playlist node in the tree, can't you?
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

Sir Loin

Add to a playlist

Post by Sir Loin » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:58 am

Yes, I guess so. If I don't expand the tree. The easiest way for me to find the appropriate artist is to expand the tree under Location.
I can see that just clicking on the Artist tree does basically what I need, then I can sort using Genre. That will keep the playlist in the Music Explorer Tree. That will work for me. Thanks for the advice!

gregmasciola

Post by gregmasciola » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:18 pm

One other thing you could try is to make sure the "Now Playing" box is empty, then keep dragging all of the individual songs into it, and when you are finished, select all of those songs and add them to the playlist.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:32 am

Aha! Thanks 'gregmasciola' that is what I wanted to do. Have a quick repository that I could dump the songs to. This works even better as I like working with my files from the explorer tree.
Thank you!