Can't Rip, Can't freedb, Can't recognize tracks, HELP!!

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ke116ngc

Can't Rip, Can't freedb, Can't recognize tracks, HELP!!

Post by ke116ngc »

Ok, so I am new to MM. I have been using Itunes for all 20 GB of my music. I just bought Gold and installed it. When I put in a CD, it goes out to freedb and comes back with the same 13 albums no matter which CD I insert to Rip. WTF?? Also, I can not rip anything. I tell it to rip selected audio CD to HD and it only rips about 2kb worth of the disc and stops and half a seconds later, it ejects the disc.

I can not rip ANY cd that I have. What the hell is going on. Why can I not rip at all. Why does MM not see the tracks on the CD. Why can I not play the CD unless I put the CD in an select the play audio CD with MM option. I can never get to it while in MM because any CD i put in is not recognized by MM.

PLEASE HELP I am so FRUSTRATED!!!
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

sounds like either windows or your cd-rom is bugged.. have you tried shutting down the computer completely and rebooting?

Else, you can also try to adjust the cd-reader plugin settings:

tools > options > input plugins > cd reader 3.00 > configuration > general > configure > try setting interface to scsi/win32/aspi to see if any of them work better than the other.
ke116ngc

Post by ke116ngc »

Ok, so I un-installed NoteBurner and it now works. I am getting this error a lot though as I am now able to Rip....

"There is a problem reading the audio date. Do you want to try again?"

Any ideas. Do I need to change some speed setting on my drive or what???? Thanks in advance.
Scimbris

Post by Scimbris »

I had the "can't read data" problem when I tried to rip a very scratched CD. I don't know if this is your problem, but I managed to rip that CD with Windows Media Player...