I've got two scrobbler plugins, neither are working MM2/3

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

tinana

I've got two scrobbler plugins, neither are working MM2/3

Post by tinana »

I know about the newest last.fm plugin for Winamp not working with MM, and so have been diligently clicking 'cancel' every time (every day) the last.fm pop up window obnoxiously reminds me that I need to update.

Still, since last weekend neither MM2 nor MM3 are scrobbling for me. Tracks played in iTunes (ugh) still are tho.

In my MM plugins folder, I have two last.fm plugins, "gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll" version 2.0.45.0, and "ml_audioscrobbler.dll" version 1.1.10.0.

Do I need both of these? Are they somehow in conflict? Version 2.0.45.0 is the last scrobbler update that was working with MM if I remember correctly, yes?
MM Gold/Lifetime member
ashishg

Post by ashishg »

I've gen_audioscrobbler.dll which works fine.
tinana

Post by tinana »

I'll try to track down that version and see if it'll work for me.
MM Gold/Lifetime member
bgibbard

Re: I've got two scrobbler plugins, neither are working MM2/

Post by bgibbard »

tinana wrote:Still, since last weekend neither MM2 nor MM3 are scrobbling for me. Tracks played in iTunes (ugh) still are tho.
Judging from posts on last.fm's own forum it looks like a lot of people are having that problem. Likely a problem at last.fm's end rather than yours. In my case shutting down the last.fm client and re-starting it got things working again, but that doesn't seem to have helped everyone.
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

Last.FM was down wednesday I believe.

I'm still working fine with the gen_audioscrobbler.dll version 1.1.10

If your using that one too, you may need to check the configuration of it in case it lost its config/user/password.

Also, I have found that running both mm2 and mm3 at the same time with the plugin doesnt work right.
tinana

Post by tinana »

I deleted the newer of the two versions and kept 1.1.10 and things are back to normal again.

My addiction to Last.fm stats is beginning to wane with this (second!) problem of Last.fm's refusal to support MediaMonkey with it's own dedicated plugin. Grrr. :P :o :D (kidding)
MM Gold/Lifetime member
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

tinana wrote:I deleted the newer of the two versions and kept 1.1.10 and things are back to normal again.

My addiction to Last.fm stats is beginning to wane with this (second!) problem of Last.fm's refusal to support MediaMonkey with it's own dedicated plugin. Grrr. :P :o :D (kidding)
Check out the 3rd post here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23261
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.