Couple Of Questions/Problems

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

larebz

Couple Of Questions/Problems

Post by larebz »

Just a couple of things on my mind,

1. When music is added to my library just recently it's started to put the song names in the track number field instead of the track numbers which is really quite annoying as i'm having to change them all back, does anyone know why this is happening because it never used to??

2. When renaming folders underneath the location node, is there anyway to make it so that the name overlaps the scroll bar so that you can see the whole name? like when you hover over a folder name that is too long to see. I will provide screenshots if your not sure what i mean.

3. In the last version say if i changed 'james morrison' to 'James Morrison' in the artist field it would update all the same names at the same time, so all the James Morrison names would be in capitals, is this gone in MM 3??
Last edited by larebz on Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) This might be caused by the Inferred Tracks Property set in the MediaMonkey options. I personally prefer to leave it off and use Auto-Tag from Filename instead so that I have control over the process.
larebz

Post by larebz »

yes that option is enabled, i've tried leaving it off however it leaves alot of track names/artist names blank when they are added to the library which is a bit of a pain.

So now i've turned the infer track properties option back on but i'm gonna tweak around with the sub-options and see if i can sort it that way.
larebz

Post by larebz »

Hi again, so tweaking around with the options didn't work so i'm gonna have to just tag everything myself i guess.

but anyway, could someone answer question 3 for me please, i'm really baffled about that one, because as i have quite a large collection it saves loooooads of time so it would be quite dissapointing if that feature has gone.
Peke

Post by Peke »

3) Just tested in MM3 by editing Artist tree and all tracks got updated.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
petroskazie

Post by petroskazie »

larebz, check out my post regarding your first question:

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 246#130246

MM3 doesnt actually write the artist data in the TRACK#, check this via another tagger app to see. Also browse another folder and then back to the previous one, MM3 will display the artist in the TRACK# again, even if you previously removed it.

As I mentioned before this did not happen a few revisions ago, and its not my settings as I always used default settings up until now (trying to fix a range of new issues).
larebz

Post by larebz »

Peke wrote:3) Just tested in MM3 by editing Artist tree and all tracks got updated.
well i've just updated to the latest version now then and it seems to have sorted the track number problem for me so that's all good however the artist field problem still exists, what version are you using Peke?
larebz

Post by larebz »

petroskazie wrote:MM3 doesnt actually write the artist data in the TRACK#, check this via another tagger app to see
oh and by the way it was actually writing the data into the track number field as i checked it using another tagger and it was the same as in MM.
Peke

Post by Peke »

@larebz
Always using latest beta versions for forum questions testing.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Snydar

Question #3

Post by Snydar »

For 3.)

If you select all of the tracks that you wish to change a field (in your case artist name) and right click and hit properties, (with all files selected) just change the artist field and make sure that is the only field with a check mark in the box, and bam, all the selected files should be changed.

Let me know if that does the trick. (I'm still kind of a novice, but that works for me! I just fixed inconsistencies in my Genre field from being jazz to Jazz.)
larebz

Post by larebz »

yer thanks but i already know that and i don't want to have to do that anyway, i liked it how it was.

why will it not update all tracks for me know then as i'm using the latest release aswell :(

Also another thing to note is that when i press F2 or right click>>rename on in the title field of a song then it will be ready to edit straight away but if i try to rename a name in the artist field then it takes about 3-4 secs before i can type anything in the box, i'm not sure why it does that either.

maybe they're linked?? i dunno, i might try removing all tracks and adding them back again to see if that does anything.
larebz

Post by larebz »

larebz wrote:Also another thing to note is that when i press F2 or right click>>rename on in the title field of a song then it will be ready to edit straight away but if i try to rename a name in the artist field then it takes about 3-4 secs before i can type anything in the box, i'm not sure why it does that either.

maybe they're linked?? i dunno, i might try removing all tracks and adding them back again to see if that does anything.
Well i think i've found the problem:

see the arrow on the right hand side, well clicking that lists ALL artist names in my library to select which there is a ALOT of so i think it has to read that all the time hence why it takes a while before i can edit it.

Now for my next question (sorry for the bombardment) Is there a way to disable this?? As it wasn't present before and if not which, if any, version of MM3 is it not present in as i may have to downgrade.

and a question for peke aswell, does this happen when you try to edit artist names in your player aswell?
larebz

Post by larebz »

this is really starting to annoy me now, please fix this in your next update because i cant stand waiting 10 secs everytime i want to edit a song, i'm dissapointed :(
larebz

Post by larebz »

For your information i have now downgraded from the beta version i was using (3.0.3.1137) to the most recent stable version (3.0.2.1134) which has fixed the problem of tagging artist/album names taking so long.

Only thing now is i have MM tagging artist names in the track # field again hence why i was using the beta version anyway. Could someone tell me if i upgrade to the newest beta version (3.0.3.1140) will it keep all my appearance/columns/settings all in tact or will they all be reset??