Playlists and Importing

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

priopen

Playlists and Importing

Post by priopen »

So basically I had to reformat my comp. I have all my playlists on my Creative Zen:VM and I can't seem to copy those playlists into media monkey again. All the music that was on the playlists are in the library. I tried opening up the playlists using the explore tool and then highlighting all the songs and sending them to the playlist in the MM library but it didn't work. any ideas?

All i want is to copy those playlists into the library from my ZVM. I tried the import m3u too.
tstarkmi

Post by tstarkmi »

How did you create the playlists in the first place? Which software? The Creative software, or Windows Media Player?

I'm guessing the answer is that you need to 'export' the playlists to .M3U from the Creative software or from Windows Media Player, and then import them into Media Monkey. But I'm not sure. I use Creative MP3 players as well... used to run all the playlist creation from Media Player, but now from Media Monkey.
-----------------------------------
tstarkmi
priopen

Post by priopen »

I'm pretty sure I did them in MM. I tried using creative's software to view the playlists but they don't appear. They appear in MM but I don't konw how i can move those to the library on my comp.
priopen

Post by priopen »

so no one knows how top import the playlists from an ipod to mm.. hmmm
drjboulder

Post by drjboulder »

priopen wrote:so no one knows how top import the playlists from an ipod to mm.. hmmm
Trix's I Playlist Importer.
You would have to have the playlists in Itunes, tho.

Rereading your post, you never made any reference to an Ipod...
priopen wrote:I'm pretty sure I did them in MM. I tried using creative's software to view the playlists but they don't appear. They appear in MM but I don't konw how i can move those to the library on my comp.

If you can view them with MM, have you tried right clicking on them and selecting Add/Rescan?
D Rock
MediaMonkeyGoldv3.0.3.1183
Vista Home Basic|4thGen 20GPod
Zune Small Player Skin w/ Aqua 4 Player Mod
Backup | Last FM Node | Scrobbler DJ | TopTracks | StayInSameStyleDJ
RadioDJ | RadioFreeMonkey | PrettyPictures | MiniLyricsEmbedder
LyricsViewer | Lyricator | LyricsPlugin | VisualizationEmbedder | MonkeyRok
RightClickForWeb | WebSearchPanels | WebNodes | MagicNodes | FavoritesNodes
NowPlayingArtNode |AutoRateAccurate | TaggingInconsistencies
AdvancedDuplicateFind&Fix | CaseModify | PlayHistory&Stats | Etc...

Post by Guest »

yeah sorry I am using an creative player. Here's a link of what it looks like. It seems like i've tried everything.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f286/ ... tled-2.jpg
nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan »

I think the only way to do it with the Creative is to individually select all the tracks in the playlist and use File --> Export to Playlist and then use add/rescan to import the playlists back into MM. It's been a long time since I used the Creative software so I do not remember if that software had a faster way to sync the playlists out of the Zen.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files
priopen

Post by priopen »

the problem is add/rescan only finds songs and not playlists.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

priopen wrote:the problem is add/rescan only finds songs and not playlists.
You have to make sure that your playlists are in .m3u format and that you have selected to scan that file type in the Add/Rescan dialog.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
priopen

Post by priopen »

well that was on by default but still didn't add the play lists.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

priopen wrote:well that was on by default but still didn't add the play lists.
Are they in m3u format? Are you sure they don't appear under 'Playlists' as 'Imported playlists'?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
priopen

Post by priopen »

well it turns out i had 2 other playlists hidden in some folders that i scanned but the playlists I took from my player didn't appear. I mean They are actually m3u audio files but for some reason the scanner doesn't pick them up.

When I try using the import .m3u it says it can't find all the songs but then no songs appear when i dbl click on the playlist.