multiple id3 re-tag - help please?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

cwilliams

Post by cwilliams »

Hi,
I have a large music collection and want to do a multiple (1000+) automatic re-tag (album, artist, genre, album art etc) , is this possible in MM or do i need to find a specific script to do this.
Thanks for the help
:-)
qualitycontrol

Post by qualitycontrol »

by retag do you mean, strip out the old tags and put in new tags?

if this is the case then the easiest i could think of is make sure that you have a consistent filename structure containing the fields for your tags, for album art put it on the folder of the album. that way, you can just make use of MM's tag from filename after stripping your old tags clean.
ImageImage
ImageImage
cwilliams

Post by cwilliams »

Hi,
Actually for both cases, first i want to update all my mp3's that have no info in album or any other field so that they have the correct info. If this is successful then i would like to check my other mp3s already with tags to see if they are correct. This can be done in other applications like Jaikoz for mass update for missing data but can it be done in MM also?
nohitter151

Re: multiple id3 re-tag - help please?

Post by nohitter151 »

cwilliams wrote:Hi,
Actually for both cases, first i want to update all my mp3's that have no info in album or any other field so that they have the correct info. If this is successful then i would like to check my other mp3s already with tags to see if they are correct. This can be done in other applications like Jaikoz for mass update for missing data but can it be done in MM also?
No, MM does not have this functionality. You should look at PicardTagger if you're looking for a free program that mass updates tracks.

MediaMonkey's auto-tag tool works one album at a time.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Aphex_Twin77

Post by Aphex_Twin77 »

Unfortunately MM doesn't do large batch tagging.
I started a thread last month on 3rd party software that can do this in off topic.
Here's a link to it:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

You can do large batch taggin with MM simply by selecting a batch of files and right click properties and edit the field(s) you want (like genre etc), but there is no 'auto-magical fix my tags or add album art batch mode' in mm.

8)

MM is about giving YOU the tools and means to edit and manage your library... not auto-fixing things on it's own
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Teknojnky wrote:...

MM is about giving YOU the tools and means to edit and manage your library... not auto-fixing things on it's own
Yep... everyone comes looking for an automagical auto tagger to mass update their tracks, without realizing how even the best "auto-taggers" are very inaccurate.

MM is great because you make the changes that you want, and your library is accurate down to the last tag.

scrutchl

Post by scrutchl »

Hi,

Is the any way of editing track olistings to remove say, the 1 3 digits of the title / filename, etc? I lot of my music ias 01 xxx, 02 xxx etc and I just want the track title.

I have been doing this track by track ! but it's getting tedious !

Any help ?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

scrutchl wrote:Hi,

Is the any way of editing track olistings to remove say, the 1 3 digits of the title / filename, etc? I lot of my music ias 01 xxx, 02 xxx etc and I just want the track title.

I have been doing this track by track ! but it's getting tedious !

Any help ?
You can do it with scripts. Take a look at this: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28510