Any Way To Publish MP3 Tags To Online Database?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

latinmusiclover

Any Way To Publish MP3 Tags To Online Database?

Post by latinmusiclover » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:12 pm

I have a project that needs to extract the tag info from my tracks to publish to an online database or create pages made up of the info. I'd like to make it searchable, maybe even an actual database so readers can auto-format the columns as it suits them. Basically, I use the "Mood" and "Quality" tags for Dance Style and Rating and I want to publish the thousands of tracks I've rated so others can use the info.

Back when I used Helium Music Manager, it has the ability to compose web pages of info taken from the mp3 tags. I don't' want to use HMM (I'm bananas about MM3!!), but I'd like to be able to do this again.

Can anyone recommend another program that works with MM3 or a way to get MM3 to publish web pages or generate a databases of certain fields (Artist, Album, Title, Track#, Mood, Quality, Album Art, for example)

trixmoto

Post by trixmoto » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:24 am

Well you could use my Custom Report to build a very simple html page listing these details. Or you could use my Advanced report to build a more advanced website - this has many options. There's a modified version as well, although I think that's only for MM2 at the moment.
Download my scripts at my own MediaMonkey fansite.
All the code for my website and scripts is safely backed up immediately and for free using Dropbox.

latinmusiclover

Post by latinmusiclover » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:46 pm

I checked out the Advanced Report and I like it but it doesn't list the fields I want to use. I wonder if the templates used by Helium's Report Wizard can be used inMM3. They both use SQL back-ends.