Track Number 1 not sorting correctly

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

aguy

Track Number 1 not sorting correctly

Post by aguy »

When I sort by Album/Artist, most of the albums have the tracks in order by track number, i.e. 1,2,3,... But in a few of my albums (like Abbey Road and Let It Be in the picture), track number 1 is at the end of the album instead of the beginning. Any ideas why?

Also, if I click away from the Library and come back to it, it goes to the first album in my library. Is there any way to have MM remember where I was in the library and go back there instead of the first album in the library?

Thanks.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

no idea why it is showing on the end of the album list?

as for the other one remembering where in the forum is it going back to the first one even if you have clicked on the albums name or one of the songs in the album?

or does it go back to the same place you had that selected?

:o
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
aguy

Post by aguy »

It doesn't matter what I've been doing in the library. If I click on something else (like Now Playing), and click back on All in the Library, it goes back to the first album in my library.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

aguy wrote:It doesn't matter what I've been doing in the library. If I click on something else (like Now Playing), and click back on All in the Library, it goes back to the first album in my library.
Thats just the way MM works, it doesn't remember where you were in lists, unfortunately.

Do the tracks that sort incorrectly have disc #'s? Perhaps that is why they are sorting out of order.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

:oops: sorry i was thinking about something else.

:(
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Try to check Disc# of the incorrectly sorted track. Sorting in Album Art view modes are based on Disc# and then on Track#.
SouthernGal

Post by SouthernGal »

I have found that the numbering sequence will be faulty if the track is not parallel in structure.............i.e., bitrate is different when using cbr, one track is not normalized and the others are, and any other of a multitude of reasons that a track can be different from the others on that album.

Bet it never happens on an album you've ripped. :-)