CD Burning Error Code

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

dps

CD Burning Error Code

Post by dps » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:55 am

I just transfered MM (3.0.3.1183) from an XP comp. to a new Vista computer. Everything seemed fine until trying to burn a cd when it's giving me error code 62900. From a list of error codes: 62900 POWER ON, RESET, OR BUS DEVICE RESET OCCURRED

Any idea of what this is and how to fix it? No problem burning CD's with the pre-installed (but very inconvenient!) Roxio software.

Thanks for any help!

Dave

rovingcowboy

Re: CD Burning Error Code

Post by rovingcowboy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:19 am

did you just copy the program to the vista?
if so try now using the setup file for it and over installing it on the vista to make sure all the files got copied over. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

dps

Post by dps » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:05 pm

I tried downloading and installing on top of the existing program with no luck. Do you think I need to uninstall it first and then install fresh?

Thanks!

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:10 pm

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

dps

Post by dps » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:53 pm

Well the bottom link mentions trying track-at-once instead of disc-at-once. That worked, but now there's a gap between tracks which isn't so good in many cases. It also mentioned trying to burn at a lower speed, but I'm not offered any choices on that. One always expects to lose a day or two setting up a new computer but this will be a sad bug if I have to use the clunky Roxio...

sn0skier

Post by sn0skier » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:01 am

I get the same error code. Well, actually I got some other error the first time about the song's file being corrupt, so I disabled on the fly, which fixed this problem, but left the problem of my computer freezing until I pressed ctrl+alt+delete and ejected the disk. My computer would be completely frozen for about 5 minutes and then I would get an error message from windows vista "logon process has failed to create the security options dialog" in the title bar and "failure - security operations" in the body. Then I would get an error message from MM with "disk 1 (Copy 1): burn failed" in title bar and "error code: 62900" in the body. (In the middle somewhere I burnt an mp3 CD that worked perfectly fine). So finally after writing down the error code I looked up this article and Did track at once, and it worked. I have a Lightscribe (that came out of a friends HP or Compaq or something because he needed to free up a SATA port and I wanted a SATA drive instead of IDE, whoops...) that is labeled "HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GH10L ATA Device" in device manager. Hope this helps someone.
last.fm signatures don't work anymore, which is sad. Any easy replacement?