Reset window settings?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

MM3 monkey

Reset window settings?

Post by MM3 monkey »

I've always had problems with dual monitors and MM. I'd like to be able to reset MM's remembered window settings. It's my fault when it happens - changing things around when I shouldn't - but I'm guessing it's not actually hard to reset everything ... and that would help me out a lot.
NightInAgharta wrote:Hello softwares. Mediamonkey is the GOD of the music players [...] but [...]

3. The Option window as well as all the other popup windows should check to be inside the monitor edges (in multimonitor often they go outside the monitor and it is impossible to reset to defaul position)

[...]Thanks.
At the moment my Properties window is half off the top of my screen and I don't know how to resolve it. I can't grab the title bar to move it and I don't know how to rescue it without a reinstall. So MM is effectively unusable.

But I'll probably work something out but the above quote is not a small thing is it?

If it's not just me, could this be looked at please. And can anyone help me get my Properties window back?

[I wasn't sure where to post this because it's a help request, a wishlist item and I'm using MM 3.1 (but I'm sure this problem has always existed).]

:)
rovingcowboy

Re: Reset window settings?

Post by rovingcowboy »

so you want the developers to add an code for the monkey to find center screen, and make sure any child windows are moved to center no matter where they started at ?

you can or should be able to get that window down if you make your screen size larger in height.

but in the reverse when i go from larger screens to smaller screens with out closing mediamonkey just sending
him to the micro player when i restore him he is still showing the larger screen size. all the stuff is cut in half to the right.
i can click on the title bar if it is showing and minimize it to the tray then restore it and he goes to the size of the smaller screen then.

maybe you can do that with the bigger screen and get that properties down where you can see it.
but if the top of the window is off the top of the screen thats seems like your 0 x 0 pixel is located too high on your monitor. because mediamonkey sticks with that upper left 0 x 0 pixel on my computer with this one monitor.
if that is the case with your's then maybe the dual monitor drivers need updated, check with that video card company and tell them what is going on?
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Window position is stored in the registry. You could reset everything by using a registry editor and deleting the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface

(of course do it while MM is closed).
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
MM3 monkey

Post by MM3 monkey »

Thank you very much.
Schurki

Post by Schurki »

It's sufficient to just delete the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\Forms] subtree.

This can be easily done by creating a file, eg. MMResetWindows.reg with the following content:
[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\Forms]

(mind the minus in front!)

Doubleclicking the .reg files deletes this subkey.
Eyal

Post by Eyal »

Schurki wrote:It's sufficient to just delete the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\Forms] subtree.

This can be easily done by creating a file, eg. MMResetWindows.reg with the following content:

(mind the minus in front!)

Doubleclicking the .reg files deletes this subkey.
Thanks for the tip, Schurki.
This line must be in top of the reg file, to be considered a valid registry file:
REGEDIT4

So the content of MMResetWindows.reg should be:

Code: Select all

REGEDIT4
I didn't knew about that minus thing. I learned something new today :)

Eyal
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].
AlwaysThinkin

Post by AlwaysThinkin »

Thanks so much for posting this solution, I've got different dual monitor set ups at work and at home and was always losing my MM. Unlike other apps, you can't use shift+right click on the MM tab on the taskbar to bring up the classic Windows Restore/Move/etc. menu. This solution worked like a charm!
Stocklone

Post by Stocklone »

That also helped me a bunch with a dual screen setup in Windows 7. For some reason when I double clicked the handle of the title bar everything went screwy and the top of the media monkey window was no longer accessible.
iloveaiff

Post by iloveaiff »

Thank you, this just helped me when for some weird reason MM decided to put the details screen below the media tree...

MediaMonkey developers - this really needs an option within the application itself. I spent an hour trying to work this out before finding this solution - which is not for the faint hearted.

But thank you, works great.

I suggest an interface reset function would be very useful in general - this reset quite a few things that were niggling me.
Twister

Post by Twister »

Fiddling with the registry worked for me too.

For safety rather than deleting anything, I renamed:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface
to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface_Frank

So if I lost anything I wanted I could get it back.

And just for any devs reading, whilst I was poking about in the registry I tried to modify:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\V4\Forms\FMainWindow\Left
and the registry editor said no it cannot modify that value.
However when I renamed the Interface Key I could modify the key value.
My guess is that something corrupted at some point, which is why my windows location changes were being ignored, and possibly why it's so hard to reproduce.
X
choucroute

Post by choucroute »

For portable version you have to look in
[MediaMonkey_Folder]\Portable\MediaMonkey.registry
and search [Software\MediaMonkey\Interface\V4\Forms\FSongProperties]

Or when this properties window is open and active
Just do "Alt" then "Down arrow" (this selects "move") and validate with "Enter"
Then another "Down arrow" will stik the window to the mouse
Now, you can move it wherever you want.