Player defect? Titles not playing

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bonjo

Player defect? Titles not playing

Post by bonjo »

Help! My player isn't playing anything. Yesterday everything was OK, today it is not playing any title.
My database hasn't been moved, the MediaMonkey.ini-file is still pointing to that database file, the audio files haven't been moved (MM can find them: "Find more from Same>Explorer"), but the internal player isn't playing ... ! I double click, and the file goes into the interface of the internal player, then the file goes grey, nothing happens.
What could be the problem?

Thanks for any help.
Lowlander

Re: Player defect? Titles not playing

Post by Lowlander »

Did you install/uninstall/modify QuickTime or Windows Media Player since. Do the file show up in Library > Files to Edit > Dead Links node?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
bonjo

Post by bonjo »

Did you install/uninstall/modify QuickTime or Windows Media Player since
no.
Do the file show up in Library > Files to Edit > Dead Links node?
no. all files are accessible.

But I found this help in the Knowledgebase:
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... 90&nav=0,5

When I change the output plug-in from "MM DirectSound output" to "waveOut output v2.0.2a" it works.
Funny, because I am certain that I did not change that setting since yesterday. Can this be changed by itself or by another software?

"MM DirectSound output" doesn't work with any configurational settings. But I have the feeling that it used to be "MM DirectSound output" with Primary Sounddriver ("Primaerer Soundtreiber") that I used to have set here.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

I just discovered the same problem, though I found by changing to "Wave output" playing a track and then switching back to "Direct sound", all is well again.....for now ;-)

I hadn't used MM in a while so maybe some Vista or driver updates or something messed things up, but MM didn't seem to cope too well.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thats good you found an answer.

resetting the direct sound output plugin by changing to the wav out put plugin for a song or two then changing back to direct sound.
:D
that does make it seem like a driver update from another program messed up something.?
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
Taomyn

Post by Taomyn »

Thought I would update this with another possible fix as it just happened to me yet again only this time with the 3.1 beta.

I spotted in the MediaMonkey.ini file, that even though the volume slider was at 50%, the INI file contained:

Code: Select all

[Player]
OutputPlugin=out_MMDS.dll
Volume=0
No amount of changing the slider fixed it, so I closed MM, edited the file to:

Code: Select all

[Player]
OutputPlugin=out_MMDS.dll
Volume=1
Voila, the sound came back and the volume slider was working again.

How infuriating, but at least I can fix it now.