Show Playlist Associated With Track

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

vanmeterannie

Show Playlist Associated With Track

Post by vanmeterannie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:52 pm

I've used MM 2.5 for a while now and have been draggin my feet about upgrading, but it occured to me last night that I thought the newer versions had a way to see what playlist a track is associated with in other views, like when looking under genre or such. I apologize if this is a "do a search and you'll find it" situation, as I looked but couldn't find any info, but might have been searching the wrong key words. Can you do this with the latest version?

Lowlander

Re: Show Playlist Associated With Track

Post by Lowlander » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:16 pm

You can find it in the Track Properties window Classification tab.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

vanmeterannie

Post by vanmeterannie » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:21 pm

I see now...I was able to look at sombody else's 3.0 this morning and see what you're saying. But is there a way to see the playlist associated in a regular library view? What I'm getting at is that I have several thousdand CDs, all ripped, and I'd like to be able to create playlists from them but see at a glance when I look at an album that 5 of the 10 songs or whatever are already linked to a playlist so I don't duplicate myself. Just asking on the off-chance that there's a way to do this...I'm going to upgrade anyway, just curious.

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:44 pm

There is an option to warn for duplicates when adding files to a playlists. MediaMonkey itself only shows playlists in the Track Properties, but maybe a script exists that shows what playlist a song belongs to in a different location.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)