Help with archiving.

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

BeachBum

Help with archiving.

Post by BeachBum »

Hi,

I'm a bit new to this and searching the forums for the answer reveals so many posts which don't quite answer my questions.

1. Through research on here, EAC into FLAC seems to be the best process yes? should i let EAC do the complete conversion or should i convert to WAV with EAC and then use MM to convert from WAV to FLAC?

2. Unfortunatley I've only just discovered the joy of FLAC and I've already begun the process of archiving my discs (about 100 so far) into MP3 with Media Player. These are stored on my C: drive. I have recently added a 500GB second hard drive which i want to archive the FLAC files to. Is there a way to remove the duplicate MP3 files once the same CD has been archived to FLAC?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Bex

Re: Help with archiving.

Post by Bex »

Hi BeachBum,

1. It doesn't really matter.

2. Check out my Advance Duplicate Script, link in signature. It should be of great help in this process.
Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
MMan

Post by MMan »

I agree with Bex that the conversion to FLAC from a WAV file ripped in EAC doesn't matter, the big benefit in using EAC is in the rip itself. However, I used EAC to rip and convert my 800+ disc collection and to me, it just seems easier to do it all in EAC rather than adding another step within Monkey. In my experiance, the conversion only takes a few seconds, it's the rip that can take a while. Good Luck.
BeachBum

Post by BeachBum »

Thanks for your answers guys, very much appreciated. 8)