How do I handle Various Artists

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

AlanRackham

How do I handle Various Artists

Post by AlanRackham »

Help

I am very new to MM so I am sorry if this has already been asked. I have a CD Culture Club - The Best of Culture Club, 1989. On this CD there are tracks from the one artist, but recorded on different dates. How should I correctly handle this? I want to create a VirtualCD of this album in the first instance and then sync it with my Walkman later on. Also I was hoping to change the album to reflect the original album that the track came off for example track 1 "Do you really want to hurt me" came from the album "Kissing to be Clever" in 1982. I was also considering changing the album art to reflect the individual track albums on the CD. Finally I was going to "Encoded from The Best of Culture Club" in the comments.

Any help will be appreciated.

Alan
rovingcowboy

Re: How do I handle Various Artists

Post by rovingcowboy »

if on the same album
then name the album the same on all the songs by the different artists.

and name the album artist " Various " :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
AlanRackham

Re: How do I handle Various Artists

Post by AlanRackham »

Thanks for the replies I figured it out. I can chance the album art for individual tracks and there is a field for original album which is really cool.