Glitchy/Looping audio when streaming radio

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bdhoyt2

Glitchy/Looping audio when streaming radio

Post by bdhoyt2 »

Is there a way to increase the buffer size for internet streaming ?
When playing radio from the net, the playback is sometimes glitchy, and sometimes
it gets stuck looping over a fixed audio segment. I suspect a larger buffer size might
solve the problem, but I can't find any related control setting, FAQ, or postings on this
topic. Thanks!
markeh

Re: Glitchy/Looping audio when streaming radio

Post by markeh »

Same question. I have used Winamp to stream a radio station (mp3). Winamp allows the amount of buffering to be set.

Any way of doing this with MM??

thnx,
jkforde

Post by jkforde »

MM3.2 | XP SP3

When I stream BBC radio, like BBC 6music (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/listen/live/r6.asx) (highly recommended!!). The stream starts fine but after a while it will loop a previous segment once and then rejoin the live stream, which plays fine for a while and then loops........ This does not occur if I stream via the BBC's iPlayer or using the same streaming URL in WMP11 or MPC-HC.

Any solution?, as I just want to use one player for all audio.

Chucky_

Post by Chucky_ »

Any solution to this? I have the same problem.

Back to winamp?
awerner68

Post by awerner68 »

Chucky_ wrote:Any solution to this? I have the same problem.

Back to winamp?
I recently found (as of today) that if I remove the Last.FM extension within MediaMonkey the problems go away. I'm not sure if the scrobbing was having trouble and it impacted performance of the stream or not.
Chucky_

Post by Chucky_ »

Well I have no such extension.. so.. it seems like its time to find another player...

Too bad.. media monkey looks nice..
dutty

Post by dutty »

true, true. The streaming problem is known since about 2 years, i posted something here years ago.
Very sad, mm is perfect.. but this BIG problem makes it useless for me. streams loop when connection got mini errors. some stations loop from the start. But for the developers it is obviously more important to put stupid ipod and ipad support in it every time a new iphone or crap comes out than solving this MINOR problem. FAIL!!!, since 2 years.. no words
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you tried to see if switching output plugins solves this (Tools > Options > Output Plug-ins)? The WaveOut plugin allows you to set buffer, but I'm not sure if that buffer also works on streams.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
dutty

Post by dutty »

ive tried nearly everything. Even switching plugins. Nothin helped. Its definitly a bug