Headers track list

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

wonda

Headers track list

Post by wonda » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 am

In Album Art View and Album Art Detail View each group of albums has a header with an expand-button,
a subcategory (initial, year, genre, etc) and the number of albums in that subcategory.
In the skin MM_Ultimate black version that information is black on black, so you can't read it.
See the difference between the blue and the black version:

The AlbumArtText object of Theme.mskn handles only the text of the album and the tracks, not that header.
Where can I find that header text? I desperately modified all suspected objects, but without result :( .
How can I get that header in white?

Eyal

Re: Headers track list

Post by Eyal » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:19 pm

I don't think it's currently possible. Text color is pre-defined and hard coded for some elements, like SearchBox and Tools|Extensions text color (known issues). Same thing for all auto-tag background colors = yellow/grey.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:36 am

album art view text is handled by the albumart view text object in the virtural tree object.
find a skin that has that in it. i think mortens gilded does and i believe nohitter151's vitrus blue skin does.
i know my vumeter skin does have it. so you can copy the needed stuff to the skin you want to use.
by the way is that blue version the one i updated because mac can't be found to do his updating?
if so i'll look and see what i can do with it.
oh wait i was thinking you wanted the blue version to be white.
i am thinking now that you want the version from mac to be white.?

well i might beable to fix it but when i fixed it with the blue images it was because mac left some
stuff out of it. so i'd have to basicly redo his skin from scratch using mskn files from some of my skins
that have the stuff in it. but doing that will be completely disrespectful of mac's wishes which when i was able
to contact and ask him about two years ago. he said he wanted his skin like that.
which is why i made the new version with the blue in it. so it would not destory mac's version. :)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

wonda

Post by wonda » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:40 am

@Eyal
Thanks. So it seems to be a common (and for the moment unsolvable) problem for all dark backgrounds...

@rovingcowboy
As I wrote, the AlbumArtText object of Theme.mskn has no effect on that header, only on the song title and the artist etc.. I inspected a lot of skins with a dark background, but that header was always black. Even when a white header should be more readable.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 am

you can change the image for the header that is no trouble just add a single bitmap object to the header item.
then add a light color image to that. you will then be able to see the text.
but if you have the album art text object in the virtual tree then change the font colors on the right code frame in the theme engine. it should work if you change the first font color with the hex number you get by using the color picker in the theme engine. but as in that mm ulitmate skin i did not get it working either which is why i chose to use an image in the one i did with the blue in it.

since you been in skins already and looking at the theme mskn files you should see in mac's mm skin there are lots of images missing in the object tree. the blueglass skin was the same way missing images. and it started messing up also, :( i keep hope up that mac will return to the forum and find he needs to update his skins he made.
:)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

wonda

Post by wonda » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:59 am

For the time being I've got a 'lateral' solution for the problem (cf Edward de Bono):

I'll give your suggestions a try, but only on base of a skin that is 100% complete. I doubt if Mac is still interested: I put the same question on his forum and a few days later my posting had been removed.... :(

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:15 am

wonda wrote:For the time being I've got a 'lateral' solution for the problem (cf Edward de Bono):

I'll give your suggestions a try, but only on base of a skin that is 100% complete. I doubt if Mac is still interested: I put the same question on his forum and a few days later my posting had been removed.... :(

wow you really got some action from mac on his forum? first time in over a year anyone got anything out of him? :D :o

Eyal

Post by Eyal » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:22 am

wonda wrote:For the time being I've got a 'lateral' solution for the problem (cf Edward de Bono):
Brilliant idea.
Skins for MediaMonkey: Cafe, Carbon, Helium, Spotify, Zekton. [ Wiki Zone ].

wonda

Post by wonda » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:48 am

rovingcowboy wrote:wow you really got some action from mac on his forum? first time in over a year anyone got anything out of him? :D :o
Removing my posting is some action indeed...... :(

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:58 am

wonda wrote:
rovingcowboy wrote:wow you really got some action from mac on his forum? first time in over a year anyone got anything out of him? :D :o
Removing my posting is some action indeed...... :(
its more then i got when i sent email to his last known address and others that did the same thing. so its the only action seen by him at least it lets us know he did not get caught in that earthquake they had over there this spring. 8)