Play Counts

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GBE300

Play Counts

Post by GBE300 »

Hello all,

I have a question and maybe a request for functionality if not currently available.

I would like a play counter that only increases if I actually listen to the entire song from start to finish (maybe even have this as a selectable percent for those that want it).

I ask this becuase I have a huge Audio collection (200+ gigs) and while I enjoy 99% of my songs I have alot of versions from concerts or different cds/box sets and I may enjoy a version more than another. So because of this I tend to skip thru my shuffle quite a lot. I would love to see which songs I actually stop at to help me fine tune my ratings over time.

If this can be done please let me know how to adjust the play count settings. Thanks for any and all help!

Cheers.
nohitter151

Re: Play Counts

Post by nohitter151 »

Play counts only increase when the entire track is played*, and that isn't configurable.

*(sort of true - the beginning and end of a track must play for the playcounter to increase. if you listen to 33% of a track, skip to 5 seconds prior to the end of the track, listen through, the playcounter will also increase. But it will not if you only listen to less than 33% of a track.)

Also, this doesn't apply to podcasts or audiobooks which by default have incremental playcounts (listen to half of a track, the playcounter increases by 0.5)
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
gbe300

Post by gbe300 »

great thanks!
flippertie

Post by flippertie »

Is there any way to force the update of the play counter?

I listen to audiobooks and podcasts in MP3 format. These often come in huge files (can be several hours long). Quite often I'm left with files that I'm finished with, but MM insists on synching them to my ipod because the play counter is set to zero.

Having to play 33% of a book or an hour long radio show, just to get the sync to work properly is a real PITA.

Is there any configurable way round this? Or is there a chance of allowing manual modification of the play count becoming a feature in future versions?

Thanks
Bex

Post by Bex »

Advanced Duplicate Find & Fix Find More From Same - Custom Search. | Transfer PlayStat & Copy-Paste Tags/AlbumArt between any tracks.
Tagging Inconsistencies Do you think you have your tags in order? Think again...
Play History & Stats Node Like having your Last-FM account stored locally, but more advanced.
Case & Leading Zero Fixer Works on filenames too!

All My Scripts
flippertie

Post by flippertie »

Thank you Bex!

I checked the link and it looks to be just what I need. I've not installed any MM scripts before but the instructions seem clear. I'll download and give it a go.