Previews not playing, Error messages

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bonjo

Previews not playing, Error messages

Post by bonjo »

Hi.
I have lots of previews stored in a folder that I have set MM to use. Everything worked fine (playing previews when CD was absent) until today, when I get this error message:
"The CD-ROM unit ?: does not contain track number 5."
when trying to play a preview of a track from an absent CD.

I did a Maintain Library check, but it didn't help.
I installed the newest MM version (v3.1.1.1261), and now I don't get any error message and previews are not played: looks like MM tries playing: MM loads the track into the playlist and player, starts the play button for half a second, then stops, nothing happens.
Same with a newly imported CD track preview: not playing.
Playing the file directly (drag and drop *.wma preview file in MM): not playing; it DOES play in Window Media Player. Downloaded a wma test file: that DOES play in MM as well as in WMP.

Another strange thing: When I insert a CD, any CD, when playing a track from any of my previews (e.g. track 1), MM always plays the correlating track from the inserted CD, no matter which album's track 1 was double clicked.

I have this setup: MM installed on home computer and office computer, using the same database on my removable drive, that I always take along, previews are also on that drive.

And when inserting a CD, I get the error message: "There was an error connecting to Freedb: Cannot create connection."
I AM online, and using the Web node in MM works fine.
EDIT: I just tried a different software (EAC) connecting to Freedb: doesn't work either.

What's going wrong here?
Please help, I fear to lose all my thousands of previews. :(
bonjo

Re: Previews not playing, Error messages

Post by bonjo »

Is there anyone out there who can help? :-?
bonjo

Re: Previews not playing, Error messages

Post by bonjo »

The issue seems to be solved with the current beta release: MediaMonkey_3.1.2.1266