PC to a Mac, can I use MM in bootcamp?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

bigbwb

PC to a Mac, can I use MM in bootcamp?

Post by bigbwb »

Hey guys,

I have loved MM on my Pc for managing my music library. My wife and I will be getting a imac soon and there is nothing quite as user friendly as MM available(at least from what I can tell). Anyway, I am new to macs and I know I can run bootcamp which is the equivalent of running XP/Vista on a mac. So by running MM through bootcamp, can I manage my library this way and will the changes effect the audio files in the mac OS?

Sorry for the possibly dumb question.

Thanks,
Brandon
Lowlander

Re: PC to a Mac, can I use MM in bootcamp?

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
bigbwb

Post by bigbwb »

Thank you!

I read through the thread. Running parallels sounds like the best option. Are there any hangups I need to know before approaching my music library this way?

If at all possible I would like to use itunes only for my iphones(synching apps & etc).....nothing with music:)

Also, how does the ripping in MM compare to EAC? I imagine I can also use EAC in parallels along with MM.

Brandon
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

bigbwb wrote: Also, how does the ripping in MM compare to EAC? I imagine I can also use EAC in parallels along with MM.

Brandon
EAC is a much more secure ripper than MM, but then again MM is much faster than EAC (at the expense of being slightly more error-prone).

In the future MM is going to change to a secure ripping technique which is similar (though not exactly the same) to EAC.

If you want the best possible rip with no mistakes and time isn't an issue, use EAC (and only if you're ripping to a lossless format). Otherwise I'd use MM to rip.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
sperk

Win 8 via bootcamp on a mac: songs won't play

Post by sperk »

Can you run MM on Win8 via bootcamp on a Mac? I scan tracks to the library and when I go to play one they all grey out and nothing plays. I can play them with VLC player so I know they work.
Thanks
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing post
Lowlander

Re: Win 8 via bootcamp on a mac: songs won't play

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)