Player will not play files

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Guest

Re: Player will not play files

Post by Guest »

Lowlander wrote:@ritterjd
What filetypes don't play?

Also see solutions for the different file types: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... id=0&nav=0
All of my music is in FLAC format. As I mentioned, I was able to convert about 7gb of these FLAC files to mp3 as part of an autosync to my phone without problem. So far, everything looks normal except I can't play music.
ritterjd

Re: Player will not play files

Post by ritterjd »

Lowlander wrote:@ritterjd
What filetypes don't play?

Also see solutions for the different file types: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... id=0&nav=0
You know, after I read this list of solutions AGAIN, it hit me that the drivers for my Creative music card just updated last week. I'll have to check that tonight and back them off to the previous version.
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Player will not play files

Post by nohitter151 »

Guest wrote:
All of my music is in FLAC format. As I mentioned, I was able to convert about 7gb of these FLAC files to mp3 as part of an autosync to my phone without problem. So far, everything looks normal except I can't play music.
Are you saying that the FLACs won't play on your computer, or that you can't play any tracks through your phone (via the MM interface)?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Guest

Re: Player will not play files

Post by Guest »

nohitter151 wrote:
Guest wrote:
All of my music is in FLAC format. As I mentioned, I was able to convert about 7gb of these FLAC files to mp3 as part of an autosync to my phone without problem. So far, everything looks normal except I can't play music.
Are you saying that the FLACs won't play on your computer, or that you can't play any tracks through your phone (via the MM interface)?
The converted FLAC files (to mp3) play fine on my phone I cannot paly any of the music on my PC (which happren to all be FLAC). They all show up in the database with the correct path etc., but when I select a song, the song starts to play, I don't hear anything but the play icon changes to a pause button for a short second, then stops. The song then remains grey in the database until I exit mediamonkey and restart.

I can do other things to the database, such as edit tags or album art and this all goes well. I can even rip a new cd to the database without problem. I just cannot get ANY song to play.
markontour
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:26 pm
Location: Houston, Texas, USA, N America, W Hesmisphere, Earth, Milky Way
Contact:

Re: Player will not play files

Post by markontour »

I have a similar issue. It is more bizarre I think though.

99% of my library plays fine, but I have about 200 tracks that will not play (they go grey). I have tried to delete them through MM and I can delete them from my library, but not off the computer. When I navigate to the actual file (the link is correct), the file is there and looks fine (what do I know about looks). I can right-click and play through WMP, but if I right-click and try to play through MM, it won't play. It just acts as if the file is corrupt or missing.

Any thoughts? I can send any of these files if someone thinks they can figure out the issue.

Thanks.
I sent a note to support, and here is a link to 1 of the files...

http://rapidshare.com/files/326616620/0 ... s.mp3.html
Last edited by markontour on Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
We're all Fool's for something; I'm a Fool for music, what are you a Fool for?

Machines:
1)OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64-based | Phys Mem: 8.00 GB | Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core, 2200 Mhz
nohitter151
Posts: 23640
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:20 am
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Re: Player will not play files

Post by nohitter151 »

markontour wrote:Any thoughts? I can send any of these files if someone thinks they can figure out the issue.

Thanks.
You could try sending them to MM support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit

Our mail server rejects very large attachments, so if the file is over 2MB, upload it to any file hosting site and send the URL.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Peke
Posts: 13578
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: Player will not play files

Post by Peke »

As replied in support ticket file is MP2 camouflaged as MP3 and MM can't recognize it correctly.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
Image
Image
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum
Post Reply