Ripping of Large CD Library (11k+)?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

farid shenassa

Ripping of Large CD Library (11k+)?

Post by farid shenassa » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a large CD collection (over 11,000) that I want to Rip to the hard disk and create a catalog/tag using MediaMonkey, The question is:

1. what multi-CD carousel, chassis works with Media Monkey automatically if any, where I can pre-load 100 or 400 CDs into (ex: Sony CD jukeboxes) and then have Media Monkey cycle through and read them automatically?

2. If I have mutliple carousels, or I have a PC with multiple CD drives (ex: 4 drive bays), will Media monkey be able to automatically rip from all 4 simultaneously, eject when done, and start reading when I put in the next one?

I searched a bit but didn't find a good answer. I know there are ripping services out there but it gets expensive with that many CDs. If figured this is not a new problem and some smart users here have had this issue and figured out the easiest way to rip large# of CDs.

So please help me out, any ideas are welcome.

Thanks
Farid

DazB

Re: Ripping of Large CD Library (11k+)?

Post by DazB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi,

You get people who are into this kind of thing over at the dBpoweramp forums, so you'd be better off there.

Daz

pushpull

Post by pushpull » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:57 pm

This might be of some use to you -

http://www.titletrack.com/

raharris

Post by raharris » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:02 pm

If you have multiple drives, EAC can rip simultaneously.

The process is slower for each CD, however.

On the other hand, you don't have to get up as often and "feed the CD ripping beast" as often - a big advantage.