How To Use VST Effects In MediaMonkey

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

mikehende

Re: How To Use VST Effects In MediaMonkey

Post by mikehende »

Yeah but I got this from DBX Senior Tech yesterday:
Hello Mike,

The dbx 1066 was not a multiband compressor no. We do not have a current product that does this. The old Quantum I and II did multiband compression but those are long since discontinued. The BSS DPR901 and BSS DPR901 II from our sister company BSS are sought after multiband compressors. You might have some luck on the secondhand market.
Since it seems any effective Multiband hardware piece is gonna be costly, I am going to try this software which is cheap but comes well recommended and is not a plugin so will work with any audio source natively as it connects to the pc's sound card and it does not add any coloring to the sound at all:

https://store.claessonedwards.com/product_p/bap-003.htm

I had tried the demo some years ago and can attest it is very effective for at least volume normalizing, just at that time I wasn't looking into Multiband processing so did not pay attention to that, I will this time around and report back in a few weeks.

Meantime if any of you guys can try the demo and post your findings here would be nice too?
lc-7

Post by lc-7 »

Hi there,
I would like to use a VST plugin with MM 4.1.31.1919
From what I understand, from @REIKA in Dec 2020 (see post above), it seems necessary to install the following WINAMP VST host :
http://www.pcjv.de/applications/winamp/

When installing this program (v1.1.6), I was proposed to install it here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp.
I accepted, installed defaults settings and disabled "bugreport".
Now I can see the dsp_vst.dll in C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins.

The .pdf user manuel of WINAMP VST host shows a user interface GUI, but I can't find how to open this interface !
And despite I copied my VST plugin .dll in the Program File\Mediamonkey\Plugin as instructed by MM, I can't see this plugin anywhere in MM Options / Player / Plug-in.

I'm certainly not familiar enough with MM plugins, could someone help me please ?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I just copied all DLL files into MM plugins folder and after MM restart they are shown under DSP plugins in options. NOTE: I disabled debug mode.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

How does the VST plugins work for you guys, is there any latency, does it add any color to the sound at all?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If you want to use VST plugins Change output plug to WAVEOUT and set buffers as minimal as possible.
Best regards,
Peke
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

pcs800 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:03 pm Ok, so the DSP compressors and levelers were nowhere near pro enough for me since I am a long time recording studio engineer, so i found this plugin for winamp that works with MM. It is located here http://www.winamp.com/plugin/vst-winamp-bridge/146317 and is basically a wrapper to allow VST plugins to be used in a DSP only audio application such as MM.
If you are not familiar with VST effects, have a look here http://www.demondigital.com/backstage/plugs.php
Lots are free, some not. But the freebies are all any MM user would need, there are equalizers, compressors, delays, reverbs, spec analyzers, stereo enhancers, the list is endless.
Hey guys, I wish to try out using MM with VST fx on a Lenovo laptop but the link above to the Winamp vst wrapper is not leading me to a download I think. I found this link on google instead but it shows vst "hosts" downloads so I'm not sure if the wrapper is different from the host? Whatever the case, can anyone give me a direct download for this wrapper please? Thanks.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Note that MM5 do not support DSP plugins.
Best regards,
Peke
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Hmnn, that changes things for me sighhh. Ok so 2 things please can you link me to the Winamp wrapper for this and also to a previous version download of MM?
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
All stable versions of MM can be downloaded from https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... diamonkey/

VST Bridge appears can be downloaded from https://winampheritage.com/plugin/vst-w ... dge/146317
Best regards,
Peke
mikehende

Post by mikehende »

Thanks! I won't have the physical time to try this out until Sunday but meantime. is there a trial on how to set this up you can link me to please and lastly, can I install and run version 4 on the same machine on which I have MM5 on?