Some track properties not sticking prior to rip

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

TwinTraveller

Some track properties not sticking prior to rip

Post by TwinTraveller »

I've been going to the process of re-ripping ("upgrading" from MP3 to FLAC) my entire CD collection to VirtualCD's. Running version 3.2.0.1294 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

The process I use is as follows:
  • 1. Insert CD
    2. Retrieve information from FreeDB (automatic)
    3. Edit track properties if necessary
    4. Rip and catalog CD
In doing so, I discovered that not all modified track properties stick when updated prior to ripping. Although this work perfectly well for Title, Artist, Album Artist and Genre, this doesn't seem to work for all field. In particular, I've been having problems with the following fields:
  • Disc #: Any value entered is simply overwritten with automatically retrieved value, even if the latter was empty
    Grouping: Value is always cleared
    Year: This only work if the same year is used for all tracks. If different years are used, all tracks are updated to the year of the last track.
Especially the Disc an Grouping fields are a bit of a pain as I want to use this information for organizing the tracks on disc. As a workaround, I rip and then reorganize, but this reduces the efficiency.

Is this a bug, or is there another explanation? Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
TwinTraveller