2 strange behaviours in MM

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

danhackley

2 strange behaviours in MM

Post by danhackley » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Recently I've noticed MM behaving strangely in 2 ways:

1. When the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and I open the options windows in MM, it flashes up then disappears to behind the main MM window so I cannot access it. Because MM is waiting for a response from me in the options window, I cannot minimise or do anything in the main MM window. All I can do is open task manager and shut down MM manually, then re-open!

2. When I pause a track, then double click the same track again in the playlist, it continues playing from where I paused it. Previously, it would start playback from the start of the track. How do I get it to start from the beginning of the track again when I double-click the track in the playlist?

Thanks!
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

Cruiser

Re: 2 strange behaviours in MM

Post by Cruiser » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:38 am

Right click the pause button and choose "Stop" first, then "play".
Alternatively ctrl+o then Play

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks! Any thoughts on the options window being in the background thing? :)
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2
Looking for jukebox software that manages a large collection, has good album art integration and plays flac as well as MP3

rguy84

Post by rguy84 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Are you using any plug ins or themes?
Sounds like something is making the main window always on top.

pushpull

Post by pushpull » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Thanks! Any thoughts on the options window being in the background thing? :)
This is something I have noticed going back to MM2.?? I noticed that the options window loses focus when I was configuring a plug in and could not get MM to respond because the option window was below MM( I always run it full screen) and was waiting on a response from me. I could alt+tab to the option window to bring it back up. It appears that MM is frozen when this happens. I first noticed it in MM3.0.2.1134 and posted regarding it but also noticed it on MM2.?? that I had running on another computer. I have always seen this behavior in any version I have run including the present. Here is the original post I made.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=27900

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:46 pm

Any thoughts on this? I still cannot open any options windows etc without them disappearing immediately behind the main Mediamonkey window! If that happens I have to CTRL/ALT/DEL -> task manager and end the Mediamonkey app. Which is a hassle, obviously.

Any thoughts on how to solve this? I am running the latest version of MM Gold with the standard Glided skin.

Thanks
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:51 pm

No clue on a fix, but does Alt+Tab to MediaMonkey bring the windows back to the front of the main application? This is what I do when this happens (mostly with confirmation to delete album art from PC).
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:18 pm

No, it is not listed as one of the ALT+TAB options. SOMETIMES, if I alt+tab, although the window is not included, I can see an outline of it and get to it from there. But this does not usually work !
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 pm

MediaMonkey itself is not listed?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Mediamonkey yes, but not the separate window. If I click on Mediamonkey, then the main window opens, though is frozen, as it is waiting for input in the separate window.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm

danhackley wrote:Recently I've noticed MM behaving strangely in 2 ways:

1. When the taskbar is set to auto-hide, and I open the options windows in MM, it flashes up then disappears to behind the main MM window so I cannot access it. Because MM is waiting for a response from me in the options window, I cannot minimise or do anything in the main MM window. All I can do is open task manager and shut down MM manually, then re-open!

Thanks!
Old bug that has still not been fixed. Happens not only with options window, but also with some others.
For example with plug-in configuration windows.

There is a workaround tho. Have you tried double clicking on the mediamonkey icon in the systray?
This works for me with windows XP. Don't know if it works in Vista and Seven tho.

Let me know if it helped.
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:46 pm

That workaround works, thanks!! But it's such a hassle to have to do this every time I edit the ID3 tag of a file !! Other media players don't have this problem...
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

Dreadlau

Post by Dreadlau » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm

Is this bug already reported in the bug tracker (mantis)?
Seven Ultimate X64 SP1 / Sansa Clip 2go (with RockBox)

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm surprised this isn't an issue which has been fixed. It kind of renders Mediamonkey unuseable, no?

I have a suspicion that most other users don't experience this problem. Which leads me to wonder - why do I ? I was wondering if it had anything to do with my copy on Windows 7 ? I tried reinstalling MM, but this made no difference.
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2

danhackley

Post by danhackley » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:52 pm

oh well..lol
Sony Vaio Laptop
Thecus N5200B NAS
Windows 7
MM3 Gold 3.2