Default podcast sort order

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Yerushalmi

Default podcast sort order

Post by Yerushalmi »

This has been bugging me for some time but I can't figure it out.

If you click on one of your podcast subscriptions in the tree on the right, what is the order in which the files appear by default (before you've clicked on Title, Track Number, or whatever)? They're not sorted by anything that I can think of.

It's important because it seems to be the same or very similar to the unchangeable ordering used by my SansaClip+ (if and only if there is no track number) and as a result, if I can find out what it is, I can edit it, and get my podcast episodes to play in the order I want...
nohitter151

Re: Default podcast sort order

Post by nohitter151 »

Unplayed podcasts show first in order that they are listed under the podcast node. Then played podcasts show. Full podcasts are sorted by the order in the node and then individual episodes show in reverse order of date.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Yerushalmi

Post by Yerushalmi »

I'm talking about in each individual podcast. Individual episodes don't actually seem to be displayed in order of date. I don't have a screenshot on me because I'm not at that computer, but I'll bring an example tomorrow.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Yerushalmi wrote:I'm talking about in each individual podcast. Individual episodes don't actually seem to be displayed in order of date. I don't have a screenshot on me because I'm not at that computer, but I'll bring an example tomorrow.
They're always in reverse order of date for me.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Yerushalmi

Post by Yerushalmi »

Ah! I just realized the reason I'm having trouble communicating my question - first of all, podcasts are always (in MM) displayed in order of RSS feed. Which is by order of date automatically.

My problem is that I have a "manual" podcast - i.e., files labeled with genre "podcast" but that do not actually come from an RSS feed. The little orange podcast icon next to the name of the podcast in the tree in these cases is gray instead of orange, and the podcasts aren't listed in order of date.