thread creation error not enough storage is available to pro

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jegnaczyk

thread creation error not enough storage is available to pro

Post by jegnaczyk » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:12 pm

I have an extensive amount of songs. ( I am sure that some of you have much more.) I have about 56,000 songs and when i try to add folder to the library i get this message after about an hour. "thread creation error not enough storage is available to process this command" I get about 40 of these and then MM crashes. I never had this problem with the old versions just this new version and I have had that amount of songs for a while. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lowlander

Re: thread creation error not enough storage is available to

Post by Lowlander » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Check the hard drive where the database is located, is there enough space?
http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:23 am

and i'm thinking the same as lowlander.

you should leave about 200 mb's of space empty for just the harddrive's firmware.

you also need at least 1500 mb's of swap file space per harddrive in the system, xp allows you to add that on each hd if you want too, if you use it on the c drive you need to have enough room.
i've got a 40 gb hd just for c drive and only thing on it is the program's and the temp folder and all the swap file space, leaving about 15 gb's empty for added updates and making room for lager and ever growing mm database file.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

jegnaczyk

Post by jegnaczyk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:56 pm

type of computer system including amount of ram and size of hard drive and speed of computer processing unit.
I have a Dell XPS 420 running windows 7 on an Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz, with 4Gb RAM, 2 - 750Gb Raid 0. I have 313Gb of space free. My music folder is roughly 293Gb that is a Windows explorer cut at the number so it includes ini’s and album art.

version of media monkey you have
I have MM 3.2.1.1297.

player used in conjunction with media monkey either monkey's or winamp.
I am using MM's player.

plugins used either default ones or extra added ones.
I have no plugins other than what was installed with MM.

do you have any scripts added in to the monkey's script folder or are you using the default scripts.
I am using default scripts.

other media players you have on system that might be having the same troubles or causing them in media monkey.
I have Itunes and Windows Media player.

is this the first time you found the error or bug or was it in the version of media monkey you had before.
Just started in this latest version

have you checked your system registry, have you defragmented the system.
I have a tool called Registry Winner that cleans my registry. I have run it a couple of times to clean out the registry and still no joy.

Are your songs stored on server or on external hard drive.
Songs are on my computer internal HDD.
is this the first time you found the error or bug or was it in the version of media monkey you had before.
This just started with this version of MM.
did you move any of the media files, from outside of media monkey.
NO

just what exactly did you do for the error to show up
I cleared the database with the tool that MM has in the menu tree. I then was trying to have MM add all my folders to the database (I have done this numerous times over the years and have never had this issue.). About 400 files in I start to get the error message and it continually brings up more of the same error popups. It then crashes MM and I have to ctrl-alt-delete to shutdown the process.

do you think it can be made to show up or happen by some one doing the same steps you did.
I know that I can make it show up very easy. I can only hope that others have this problem and it is an error on MM code. Not that I want anyone else to have this error.

snipertaz

Post by snipertaz » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:33 pm

Hey, I recently screwed up my Windows 7 (deleted important dlls) and I had to reinstall everything. I have a 70,000+ collection all located on a separate partition from my OS partition. Overall the drive has 20 GB free from a total of 465 GB.

When trying to import my entire library I got the same error. I managed to easily solve it by adding fewer tracks at a time to my Mediamonkey. For example, my music library folders are split up first by Genre, then by Albums from those Genres. So I would add only my Classical music genre first, then all my Rap genre albums, and so on. Since then I haven't seen the error.

Hope this helps.
If I ever quit MM, then it's because I died and am looking for a computer in the afterlife.

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:17 pm

wow thanks for the info. :D

but even though you have all that huge free space. and fast system.

this is the error that seems to be showing up every now and then with different updates.
or newbies to the program.

and i've had it show up since 2004 or so.
as snipertaz has said cutting the size being scanned is the only thing that seems to fix it when it does show its ugly bug head in the program.

this tells me monkey has an on going code bug that is ramping up the cpu cycles and fills the ram to the point it crashes,
and the wording on the alert is not from monkey but from windows, which can only mean it can't get to the memory needed because it is full. you are sitting there saying how the ....ll can it be full with that much ram. simple by monkey loading all the info in to ram for each song and holding it there until he writes it in to the database. which now brings us to the reason windows locks and crashes, the database grows with each song added, and if all the ram is full from the songs and the swap file is full and the cpu is at 100% used by mediamonkey, there is nothing left for windows to adjust the size of the database file. so it can't access the file and allow monkey to write the new data for the next song in line,

that is the only thing that makes sense as this error is a constently happening error.
i have found some things that help me and i try to tell them to people but i don't think some here like that as i get a few posts now and then telling me to stop it. but it works for me on most the errors so i say them.

you can find it in lots of my other posts but here goes again.

1 get a program to work with your os that allows you to set the priority to apps and keep it set after a reboot.
set the mediamonkey.exe priority to high priority.
don't mess with windows system process'es they don't like it when they are changed and do mess up if they are.
(edited in cause i forgot to say it :oops: )
you are wondering what the speeding up does? simple it makes monkey write faster to the database which allows
for more data to be removed from ram and less cpu cycles in use. so windows has a slight chance at getting the database
file adjusted before it crashes. :)

2 get a program called maxmem from analogx.com it is to keep the ram cleaned of junk. like when you move out you leave your broken chairs and torn curtains in the apartment, same thing with apps when you close them, so you need to
get this small very small foot printed program to clean it out. or one that works with your os.

3 get cleanmem from majorgeeks.com it takes all the apps that start up with boot up and never get used but hog huge
amounts of ram for them to use if ever they are used, and strips the ram from them allowing only the kb's they need to stay launched and puts the ram back in the ram pool. the apps will get it again if they do start.

4 keep your system cleaned and you already do that so you know the apps to use. but make sure you also go to all the apps you use that log things and remove the log files from the days of your mayflower trip to now. just keep one or two back up logs. also clean out any too old system restore files i found the other day that you can do that with ccleaner.

5 as snipertaz has also suggested use smaller groups when scanning the whole library, but i'll go one more step for those with dual cores or quad cores, use monkeys options for setting up what is done on what core so other use of the computer wont cause crashes from over loaded cpu cores.

that is all i can think of you can do to counteract this error. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.

jegnaczyk

Post by jegnaczyk » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Thank you all for the tremendous help. I will do all those things and let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

silvera

Post by silvera » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:34 am

Any success finding out how to avoid the error?

Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:40 am

seems to be a delphi related error

http://www.google.com/search?q=thread+c ... is+command

you may want to check the following options and try disabling them temporarily if they are enabled.

automatically analyze volume of unanalyzed files

auto-auto-organize

Daz1967

Post by Daz1967 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 am

I've been getting this "Thread creation error: Not enough storage is available to process blah blah blah" message for the past few days after adding a number of new tracks to MediaMonkey v3.2.2.1300 whilst listening to some MP3s from my large collection of over 8100 songs. Until then I'd never come across this error so I'm at a loss as to what is causing it as it seems intermittent: sometimes I can use MM for hours with no issues and at other times it bugs out after a few minutes but always while I'm either ripping or editing files while songs are playing.

I've been using MM for a couple of years now and really like it but this issue is driving me up the wall as I've always done these kinds of tasks before and never had any problems doing so. Is it an issue with the latest build?

I have an Intel Core i7-920, 6 GB of RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) and a Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. This issue doesn't happen with either iTunes or Windows Media Player by the way, only MediaMonkey.

Does anyone know what causes it... could it be one of the recent Windows updates of which there were several? It's not like I'm short on disc space as I have 70 GB free on the C: drive (which a Crucial SSD) and 377 GB free on the drive where my musics files are located.
Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe v2101, 6 GB G.SKILL DDR3 1,600 MHz RAM, Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 5870 Vapor-X CrossFireX graphics, Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound, 128 GB Crucial SSD + 2 TB SATAII HDDs, LG DVD Rewriter, Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)

rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 am

i'd go with the hunch of the update from ms. but which one i don't know.

i've got an error or two that never shows up until a few updates last month on this xp. but the jukebox xp which is not updated from over 3 or 5 months ago. does not get the error.

so one of the updates is causing trouble on xp so i'll bet it is also the reason on win7,

might be a good idea to make a debug report and send it in to rusty and the others. but remember mm 3 was not made for win7 only patched with updates to work on win7 mm4 is being made to work with win 7 so it should fix the error but still it is best to do the debug report as this might not be an error known by them so they wont know to fix it.

8)

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:35 am

Maybe a debug log gives better insights into what is happening: http://mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

rusty

Post by rusty » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:56 am

I'd also suggest upgrading to MM 3.2.2 and verify whether the issue still occurs.

-Rusty

Daz1967

Post by Daz1967 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:52 am

This issue seems most likely to crop up after a couple of hours of listening to continuous music as it has just happened again a few minutes ago after using MM 3.2.2.1300 since lunchtime. The music continues to play but the error boxes keep popping up and no matter how many I close, they continue to appear. If I try to use MM then the application stops responding and I have to use Task Manager to force it to close.

As I said earlier, I've been using MM for years and have never come across this issue until the last week. I'll try the Debug version to see if that throws any light on the issue and I submitted a support ticket a couple of days ago but have had no response as yet.
Intel Core i7-920 @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS P6T Deluxe v2101, 6 GB G.SKILL DDR3 1,600 MHz RAM, Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 5870 Vapor-X CrossFireX graphics, Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer sound, 128 GB Crucial SSD + 2 TB SATAII HDDs, LG DVD Rewriter, Windows 7 Home Premium (x64)

Peke

Post by Peke » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:05 pm

Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum