Stutter when playing CD

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Dan33185

Stutter when playing CD

Post by Dan33185 »

When playing a cd, I get a stutter in between tracks. When one track ends, the next track will start, it will play like two seconds of it and just freeze for 3-4 seconds and then start again at the beginning of the track.
Lowlander

Re: Stutter when playing CD

Post by Lowlander »

Try switching output plugin, also make sure the correct Audio Device is selected in the output plugin and when using the WaveOut you can experiment with a larger buffer (Tools > Options > Output plug-ins).
Dan33185

Post by Dan33185 »

Doesn't seem to help anything

EDIT-I've noticed it only happens when playing a CD, but not when playing something in my library. Is this the default behavior for a CD?
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i've got this now and then but mostly when i'm doing something with computer and playing music.

but on my jukebox system NOT this one here. which tells me it is due to over used cpu's. as that jukebox is a single core cpu and this is making it run very high cpu's and takes as much ram as it can to change the songs.

and this computer here has a dual core and it does not have the trouble of the skipping sound,
it also has 2 gb of ram.

so i'm going to go and say your cd rom drive uint might have a small amount of ram for the cache which it uses to pull the songs off the disk with. or it is an old unit that is having the ram chips go bad on it.

only thing i can think of to do is get a program called priority, it just needs installed on your comupter and run when windows runs. or when you click the icon. this will speed up anything that starts after it to high priority. i found it on majorgeeks dot com freeware site. its an old program so make sure it works with your operating system or find one that will work on it. that does the same thing.

then when you start priority before you put the cdrom in it should speed up the cdrom drive's code for ripping the song to the cache and speed up the cache. that should get it in and out of the ram faster and might stop it from skipping.

as lowlander said try a bigger buffer, and thats the normal answer for skipping sound. so it has to be something going on with your ram or your cpu cycles being ate up making monkey have the hiccups.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.