Export m3u playlist

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

germanq

Export m3u playlist

Post by germanq »

Hi, I select the tracks, then I try to send these tracks to an exported .m3u playlist, go to the menu, select this option and nothing happens! what can I do?
nohitter151

Re: Export m3u playlist

Post by nohitter151 »

Are you sure that the dialog window isn't stuck behind the MM screen? Do you use any addons like minilyrics perhaps?
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
germanq

Post by germanq »

no, in fact windows 7 shows you if you have a new window open . just nothing happens, no menu or window open. should I reinstall the whole thing, My system is windows 7, 64 bits home edition
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

germanq wrote:no, in fact windows 7 shows you if you have a new window open . just nothing happens, no menu or window open. should I reinstall the whole thing, My system is windows 7, 64 bits home edition
No, it won't show that dialog window in the taskbar. I have Win7 as well and just tried it.

germanq

Post by germanq »

well, I checked again and nothing happened. REgarding W7, if you open the help box, the taskbar shows you with a double line in the icon
germanq

Post by germanq »

to be clear, I select the tracks in the main window, then right click, I got a menu, I choose send to, then a new menu, I choose export to .m3u playlist, choose that option and nothing happens. The others seem to work well
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

germanq wrote:well, I checked again and nothing happened. REgarding W7, if you open the help box, the taskbar shows you with a double line in the icon
Yeah but tons of other windows don't show it, try Tools > Options or File > Add/rescan tracks to library

seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

i have this exact same issue, i select tracks, send to .m3u and nothing happens, nothing at all. any help would be very much appreciated as i would love [need]to use this feature. i have done what i could, but i am unsure how to fix it on my own. :(

it used to work, just not now

mm version 4.0.5.1501, windows 7......
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Not even a Save As dialog opens? Are you sure it isn't hidden behind the application? On 4.0.7.1505 this works as expected for me.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

yeah nothing opens. im sure the window does not open, i have checked many times.it was working for me a while back, but i tried to use it a week or so ago and now it does not.

fixed by installing again........thanks for help anyway. was a strange issue.
seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

well, that took less time than expected. it worked for a bit, then nothing after reinstall of latest mm. so i installed it again, and still nothing. could it be something in my database? folder structure? i dont know really. any help would be awesome please.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure the dialog isn't hidden? Especially if it worked. Also make sure you have some tracks selected.
seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

well where would it be hidden?i cannot find it anywhere.after the reinstall it worked once, i try it again and nothing. i select the tracks, then send to m3u, and nothing. so i minimise mm window, nothing behind. so i try it again, and cascade all open windows, it's not there.

where else could it be? :)
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It would normally be behind the main window if hidden, although it could be off-screen (especially if you use or have used a multi-monitor setup).

You can also capture the failure in a debug log (step 4b) and send it to support to see if it gives the developers an insight to what is the problem: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
seed_or_die

Post by seed_or_die »

well its not behind the main window for sure, and i have never used a multi monitor setup. i will create the debug log. thank you.

whilst making it happen to see in the debug log wwhat is happening, i realised if i select and send to playlist the files in the media tree, it works. if i select the files in the main window, it doesnt work............