Page 1 of 1

Missing library, .ini is correct, .db is there

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 am
by djmt99
I run a portable MediaMonkey, and have been doing so for a few years now. Everything worked fine, until, during auto-backup, I inadvertently yanked the external drive that houses MediaMonkey and media. Now when I start MM, it's acting as a fresh install, with no library or settings. I checked the .ini and it was virtually empty, 0 bytes. I managed to harvest an .ini off a back-up drive that was last run about 2 weeks ago. I verified that the .db is being pointed to correctly, and still nothing. The database seems to still be there, in it's entirety (230+ mb), as well as all scripts, etc.

What am I missing?

Re: Missing library, .ini is correct, .db is there

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 am
by djmt99
An idea I had was to start with a fresh .ini and just change the .db directory. I tried deleting the .ini, restarting MM hoping that it would make a fresh one, but there was nothing.

Re: Missing library, .ini is correct, .db is there

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:44 am
by Lowlander
You might be looking in the wrong place for ini file, by default it's located here: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17

Re: Missing library, .ini is correct, .db is there

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:52 am
by djmt99
Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong (which is always a possibility!), but my .ini is in the portable drive. I followed all of the steps to move it, initially, and it worked fine.

From http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... ediamonkey
Now, you should have a MM install on your device, your MediaMonkey folder should contain your existing Mediamonkey.ini, and your Mediamonkey.ini should point to your database also located somewhere on the device.
Unless you're saying that something caused a new .ini to be constructed in the default location? If that's so, I'll have to double check that when I get to the computer/drive in an hour.

Re: Missing library, .ini is correct, .db is there

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:06 pm
by Lowlander
I don't know what happened, but if the ini on the external drive was missing MediaMonkey probably created a new one in the default location not the external drive. You probably need to remove this default MediaMonkey.ini, restore a backup MediaMonkey.ini to the external drive and start MediaMonkey.

Another thing to check out: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... icleid=127

Re: Missing library, .ini is correct, .db is there

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 pm
by djmt99
Thanks. That did the trick. The .ini was recreated in the default location.