MM trying to execute non-existent scripts.

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

shayguitarra

MM trying to execute non-existent scripts.

Post by shayguitarra »

A few months ago I was having some problems with Mediamonkey, which turned out to be related to some hardware issues I was having. This is not important. But to cut to the chase, I uninstalled it.

A few days ago I reinstalled it, with no extra scripts/skins/addons etc. just the basic Mediamonkey Gold version.

However every time I try to play a song it tries to execute a user script that is no longer installed, and tells me it cannot find it.

This is a completely clean install. I not only uninstalled MM previously but emptied out the program folder and deleted the database and .ini file. So I cannot understand why the program is trying to execute a user script that is not even there. (For the record it is the Autorate Accurate script, although I do not think this is relevant.)

I have googled this without success. Is there another step I need to take to make a completely clean install, or is there something very obvious I am missing?
nohitter151

Re: MM trying to execute non-existent scripts.

Post by nohitter151 »

MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
shayguitarra

Post by shayguitarra »

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have been clearer. I tried that solution and it didn't work.

But I have, finally, solved the problem. There are additional files in Windows 7 that need to be deleted (at least in this instance).

In C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

There was a folder in here called Mediamonkey, containing *.ini files for scripts and addons. So I'm guessing that it had backed up certain configuration prefs in here.
It may be an idea to update this page: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... ticleid=17 to reflect this.

Anyway, I'm happy. I've got my Mediamonkey back.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

thanks for being the guinnie pig for that error. thanks for finding the answer too i'm sure others will need it some time. :D
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.