Auto - Organize Artists Under Letter [A] or .....

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

jkemp

Auto - Organize Artists Under Letter [A] or .....

Post by jkemp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 pm

Hi I would like to know is it possible to auto- organize all my folders like the structure below:

F:\Documents\Music\[#]\2Pac\2Pacalypse Now\2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now - [1991] - 01 - Young Black Male.flac
F:\Documents\Music\[_]\? and the Mysterians\96 Tears\? and the Mysterians - 96 Tears - [1966] - 12 - 96 Tears.flac
F:\Documents\Music\[A]\Aaliyah\Ultimate Aaliyah (disc 1)\Aaliyah - Ultimate Aaliyah (disc 1) - [2005] - 01 - One in a Million.flac
F:\Documents\Music\[Z]\Zapp & Roger\Zapp & Roger -- All the Greatest Hits\Zapp & Roger - Zapp & Roger -- All the Greatest Hits - - 01 - More Bounce to the Ounce.flac

Also the Various Artists would go under [V]

F:\Documents\Music\[V]\Various Artists\Blue Note Trip, Volume 1 (disc 1_ Saturday Night)\

Artists with "The" in their name are preserved [T] (althought I noticed the Artist & Album Artists node does not do this. The Beatles are sorted with the "B's" in the tree. If this is the only way as far as folders I'm cool with that too.

F:\Documents\Music\[T]\The Billy Cobham-George Duke Band\

Here is the script I use in MusicBrainz. Is this possible in MediaMonkey Auto - Organize?

[$if($lte($left($if2(%djmixer%,%albumartist%,%artist%),1),9),#,$if2($left(%djmixer%,1),$left(%albumartist%,1),$left(%artist%,1)))]/$if2(%djmixer%,%albumartist%,%artist%)/%album%/%artist% - %album% -$if(%date%, [$left(%date%,4)]) - $num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

Thanks for any help and time spent.
Last edited by jkemp on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lowlander

Re: Auto - Organize Artists Under Letter [A] or .....

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm

<Artist:1> does this in similar (not the same) manner. It doesn't do this for numbers like you show above, but I think with if clauses this can be achieved as well.

See: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... ormats.htm
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

jkemp

Post by jkemp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Using <Artists:1> could cause a problem with regards to Various Artists (which is Album Artists right?)

Will it create the folder [A], then place the Album Artists in this folder? Then the Album Artists, Albums?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 pm

Use <Album Artist:1> instead.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)