Popup prevents MM from opening...

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Un2Maxx

Popup prevents MM from opening...

Post by Un2Maxx »

Hi folks. I'm having a rough time figuring this one out... When I open MM it displays the splash screen, but doesn't progress. It's been doing this for quite some time actually. I discovered at some point that there was a popup behind the splash screen waiting for a response from me before it would allow MM to open. Something to the effect of a library folder that couldn't be opened I believe. What I had to do (since the popup was hidden by the splash screen) was move the splash screen over to my other monitor (which uncovered the popup), and then close the message. Now I'm in a bad situation at this point, because my dual monitor card has died, leaving me with only one monitor, and thereby no way to bypass the issue that prevented me from opening MM. Anyone have any idea what I could do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
onkel_enno

Re: Popup prevents MM from opening...

Post by onkel_enno »

Open Mediamonkey with the parameter /nosplash

mediamonkey.exe /nosplash
Un2Maxx

Post by Un2Maxx »

Thanks a bunch o_e. Works like a charm! Now I'm trying to figure out this error popup that was the cause of the issue. I'm getting "Directory H/Clips/ cannot be created". But drive H is my DVD drive. Tried rescanning, but that didn't make a difference. Any ideas?

Thanks again!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Check you settings for Temp folder (Tools > Options > General) and the Virtual CD & Previews (Tools > Options > Virtual CD & Previews) and make sure their folders aren't set to that location.
Un2Maxx

Post by Un2Maxx »

Hmm... Apparently the previews folder was set to drive H. Problem fixed. But I'm wondering why I can't clear it out? It seems that there must be a folder for previews weather we use that feature or not? Why can't we leave the value blank and have MM ask where we want them when the time is appropriate? I don't really like the idea that I have to have a useless folder created somewhere just so MM will open without errors.