Gray Tracks (Not the usual!)

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

djmt99

Gray Tracks (Not the usual!)

Post by djmt99 »

On different occasions, I run portable MM on my MacBook Pro with bootcamp (XP) with a mirrored back-up drive. I usually have to run the Move Device Content script because of the Serial/Volume ID. After that, it runs fine.

Now I'm using the "original" master drive, and the entire library is grayed out. Through both My Computer and within MM, in the tree, Library/Location is showing up correctly [ ie: Volume Name (DriveLetter:) ]. I’ve also used the Move Device Content Script, thinking that something internal to the set-up thinks that it should be looking for the last-used drive, and still nothing. The MM database and ini is appearing correctly, too (ie: Playlists, settings, etc)

I’ve had MM running fine with this set-up before, and am completely stumped…
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
Lowlander

Re: Gray Tracks (Not the usual!)

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
djmt99

Post by djmt99 »

Oddly enough, all seems to be working fine now... and as relieving as that may sound, it actually pisses me off, because I'm a troubleshooter and part of me won't rest until I find out what the missing link was.

I had found those links while searching through, before I posted here, but none of the scenarios/resolutions seemed to apply. Audio played fine, so it wasn't a codec issue. Tracks pointed to the correct drive, so it wasn't a file path issue. The library functioned fine on a different machine, so it wasn't anything in there. I'm just baffled... but I guess I'll roll with it for now and hope it doesn't happen again! :o
Disc Jockey (DJ & VJ) ; AV & Lighting Tech ; Music Lover of all types
MediaMonkey Gold - Proud Lifetime License holder, Since Aug 2008
mcow

Post by mcow »

I see this happening on certain tracks that had been sync'd to my portable player. The issue wasn't the sync itself, but that I'd created a playlist comprising the exported tracks so I could export an M3U to the player. Even tho those tracks aren't "in the library" because the playlist (still) exists, the tracks are itemized. And since the player is not connected, the tracks are not accessible, and so greyed out.