How to do a quick search in the TITLE field only?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

WimYogya

How to do a quick search in the TITLE field only?

Post by WimYogya » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:58 am

Is there a way to do a quick search in the title field only?
So far I only found the quicksearch for: all fields (the box), artist, album, composer, genre, location, computer - why not the title list?
I sometimes use marks like * or ● in fields and it would be nice if I can (example) filter and find title* or title● without finding artist* and artist●
Wim - 67 - Dutchman in Yogyakarta/Indonesia
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary

Mizery_Made

Re: How to do a quick search in the TITLE field only?

Post by Mizery_Made » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:35 am

Type "title: (insert search term here)" into the search box. However, as search for an asterisk is unlikely to work since it's used as a wildcard for the search function.

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 am

Oh, ok, I didnt know about this title: <keyword> feature. Thanks.
As to the * - the fact that it can be used as a wildcard is exactly the reason that I want to filter all titles that have such * in their names.
Originally I added such * when two titles (plus their artists) were exactly the same but still had different content (different version, live versus studio version, later registration of same song etc.)
The * mark more or less said: This looks like a duplicate, but is is NOT. So if you see it (double) on the duplicate list, leave both versions there. They are NOT twins.

Now I want to filter those * marked titles and then replace the * with a ●
Better visible and not a wildcard character.

But then I must first filter them out of a collection of 80.000+ tracks.
How to do that?
Can MM handle it?
Or should I use an external editor first?
Acer Aspire 6935 - Intel Core 2 Duo P8400, 2.26 GHz, 4 GB Ram DDR3, 320 GB hard disk, 1 CD/DVD-writer, 3 external drives (3Tb + 1Tb + 1Tb) - Windows 7 Ultimate - MM4.0.6.1498 debug and updating if necessary

Mizery_Made

Post by Mizery_Made » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:37 am

If you click the "spyglass" next to the search box, which opens up the Search window, you can put the asterisk in the Title box and it should treat it as a plain text search (thus finding any tracks with "*" in the title). However, if you're wanting to do a simple replace, then the RegExp Find & Replace script might be what you're looking for.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:41 am

Also, in another of your posts Bex pointed you to the Advanced Find and Fix Duplicate script, the custom dupe search section of that script will help you identify duplicates better without any special characters in fields.

HINT: Head over to the Need Help with Addons forum section, there are alot of good scripts in there to help you with most of your tagging. Zvezdand, Bex and Trixmoto have some very good scripts that will help you with almost anything you want to accomplish. They are not the only scripters but they are the three top power-scripters.

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

WimYogya

Post by WimYogya » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:58 am

Am on my way to download, install and explore the Advanced Duplicate Finder script and the script to hide zeros in play counts, but at the moment I am multitasking more or less - had no time yet. Will do soon.
Came across the script list already and Bex and Trixmoto names.
Thanks for mentioning.

nynaevelan

Post by nynaevelan » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:15 am

WimYogya wrote:Am on my way to download, install and explore the Advanced Duplicate Finder script and the script to hide zeros in play counts, but at the moment I am multitasking more or less - had no time yet. Will do soon.
Came across the script list already and Bex and Trixmoto names.
Thanks for mentioning.
BTW, if you have any questions regarding individual scripts, post them in the forum that belongs to the script so that the author or other users are able to find your answers. And Adv. Dupe and Find is a very complex script, it will take a little while to understand all its functionality but once you do.....

Nyn
3.2x - Win7 Ultimate (Zen Touch 2 16 GB/Zen 8GB)
Link to Favorite Scripts/Skins

Join Dropbox, the online site to share your files

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:01 am

WimYogya wrote: Now I want to filter those * marked titles and then replace the * with a ●
Better visible and not a wildcard character.
There is a find and replace script that could handle this request easily. It is called RegExp find and replace.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.

zephyr

How to QUICKLY find + REPLACE special chars in specified fie

Post by zephyr » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:57 pm

Hi

I see I have some albums with ";". These should usually be replaced with "-"

I tried an advanced search (album contains ;) but this doesn't work. Is there any native MM functionality to find special characters?

I just ran RegExp Find & Replace... on just 50 tracks (selected) where I wanted to remove a leading string ("- ") it takes sooooo long, and I can't do anything until it finishes...

Is there a way to speed this up? An alternative method? A way of making RegExp run as a background process?

Any help most welcome.

Thanks

Zeph'
Grateful noob

nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 am

For questions regarding the RegExp addon I suggest you ask in the RegExp thread.

There is not any similar native feature in MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.