Two queries - 1 x View, 1 x editing

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Laeotaekhun

Two queries - 1 x View, 1 x editing

Post by Laeotaekhun »

I'm hoping that someone can please help me with the following:

1) I think that must have inadvertently, clicked on something which has changed my library tree view to what is shown in the screenshot below.

Can anyone please tell me how to get rid of the black/grey area between my library tree and the part of the screen that displays the disc/file details?

I've tried everything that I can think of but with no success.

2) My second query is more of an irritant, rather than a problem and I would not have posted about it if I'd not had another query as well.

When I am copying and pasting (for example) composer details MM will not allow me to insert a semi colon after any preceding names prior to pasting - it just removes it, which means that I have to go back and then insert and it is then accepted by MM.

I can copy/paste a string of names with semi colons between them but not insert them if I am adding names one at a time.

I'm sure that this never used to be the case, can anyone please tell me why this should now be happening?

Any help would be, very much, appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
nohitter151

Re: Two queries - 1 x View, 1 x editing

Post by nohitter151 »

Right click toolbar, uncheck "Navigation".

Not sure I understand what you're asking in your second question.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Laeotaekhun

Post by Laeotaekhun »

nohitter151 wrote:Right click toolbar, uncheck "Navigation".

Not sure I understand what you're asking in your second question.
Many thanks, that worked perfectly.

My apologies if my second question was not clear - I'll try explaining a different way.

When I want to add information in the basic "Track Properties" box I, normally, separate any information that I want to be able to search on using semi-colons.

So, for example, in composers the information could end up showing as (again as an example) Richard James Rudolph; Teena Marie (Mary Christine Brockert); Mary Christine Brockert (Teena Marie)

However, if I try and enter one name at a time and adding a semi-colon before adding the next name (using paste) MM removes it so instead of Richard James Rudolph; Teena Marie (Mary Christine Brockert) I end up with Richard James RudolphTeena Marie (Mary Christine Brockert) and then have to go back and add the semi-colon.

It seems as though MM is quite happy to accept a semi-colon (when pasting after it) whenever there is information after where I want to place it (even if it is just a space added using the space bar) but not if there is nothing there at all.

I hope that makes more sense this time.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I just tested in MediaMonkey 4 and you can add a semicolon after text and add more text. I haven't seen this issue either on MediaMonkey 3, but I don't use the Composer field that much.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Laeotaekhun

Post by Laeotaekhun »

Lowlander wrote:I just tested in MediaMonkey 4 and you can add a semicolon after text and add more text. I haven't seen this issue either on MediaMonkey 3, but I don't use the Composer field that much.
Maybe, I did not explain correctly.

I have no problem typing text after inserting a semi-colon BUT I do have a problem pasting text after doing the same thing.

In the same way, I have no problems copying and pasting a string of (for example) names separated by semi-colons.

It seems that the issue only arises when I type (or paste) one name then add a semi-colon and try to paste another name.

MM then deletes the semi-colon and I have to then reinsert it.

As I previously stated it seems that MM has no problem if there is anything ahead of the proposed semi-colon (inserted space or text) - it is only when the semi-colon is the last character, prior to pasting text, that it disappears.

p.s. I use MM3
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

No problem pasting after semicolon in Composer field using latest MM4 build.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Laeotaekhun

Post by Laeotaekhun »

Lowlander wrote:No problem pasting after semicolon in Composer field using latest MM4 build.
Please don't worry about it.

I use MM3 and it is an inconvenience, not a major problem.

Thanks anyway.
Sizzly

Post by Sizzly »

Yeah, I have the same issue with MM3. But I concur... Not a huge headache.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com