InStr type function for file masks?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

skj88

InStr type function for file masks?

Post by skj88 »

Is there a function for the file masks similar to the VB "InStr" function or the Excel "Search" or "Find" functions? Or even the SQL LIKE with wildcards (Acces SQL example - SELECT MyField FROM MyTable WHERE LIKE "*MySearchString*") A function like this for my masks would be helpful. If there is, could you point me to some examples so I know what the parameters are?

Thanks,

Steve
Lowlander

Re: InStr type function for file masks?

Post by Lowlander »

The following is available for masks: http://www.mediamonkey.com/sw/webhelp/f ... ormats.htm
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
skj88

Post by skj88 »

I was hoping there were more functions available as the table states "The table below describes most of the commonly used characters and fields in a mask." The phrase "most of the commonly used" implies there are more - they are just not listed.

Oh, well.

Steve
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I think it covers all functions, but doesn't have all fields listed.

You might also like: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... lit=regexp
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
ThoxicThox

Post by ThoxicThox »

Hey,
While looking for the same question (is there CONTAINS or InStr or LIKE in MediaMonkey, usable when AutoOrganising), I came across this thread. However, I then suddenly realised there is a way to do this, albeit a bit convoluted. I guess you solved this problem by now, given the thread's age, but still let me show what works:

Code: Select all

$If($Len($Replace(<Kenmerk>,LIVE,X))=$Len(<Kenmerk>), DO SOMETHING, DO SOMETHING ELSE)
<Kenmerk> is one of the custom fields that can contain the word LIVE amongst other tags... it works nicely, but I suppose it will only work if you look for whole words that do not occur as part of another word. Or perhaps you can even add spacing around the searched word to circumvent that?