Seriously? Only 6 days to use the upgrade coupon?

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

GarySFBCN

Seriously? Only 6 days to use the upgrade coupon?

Post by GarySFBCN »

I got an upgrade email on November 24, that is good until the end of November, or 6 days. And then I see that it is the same as the 'Black Friday' offer to EVERYONE.

Note: An upgrade offer should be good indefinitely or for a few months. And it should be better than the sale price you offer to everyone.

Great customer loyalty you got there. I won't be upgrading under these circumstances. You can do better.

Gary
sfindie

Re: Seriously? Only 6 days to use the upgrade coupon?

Post by sfindie »

i received the same upgrade coupon and when i clicked through, it put me in a shopping cart with something i had to buy - MM4 and some MM Codec Pac. i was annoyed i had to pay for the upgrade as i'm a lifetime gold member. so i went to the main MM site and proceeded to download mm4 without any issues.

so, my Help>About does say i have MM4 version 4.0.0.1459 Standard Edition. so yeah, i have MM4, but it looks like i'm not getting all the MM4 Gold Edition features - is there enough features to upgrade or do i stay on the Standard Edition?

thanks,

--chris
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Lifetime license holders don't have to pay for the upgrade to MediaMonkey 4, however they can use the discount offered for the MediaMonkey Codec Pack.
GarySFBCN

Post by GarySFBCN »

I'm a gold owner, so I don't expect free upgrades. But I do expect more than 6 days to make the purchase at the special price and I expect the special price to be lower than what is available to everyone on Black Friday.
sfindie

Post by sfindie »

@ Lowlander - thanks!

it seems i'm not able to upgrade to MM4 Gold because when i go to MediMonkey Gold > Enter Registration Code and then click OK it's saying this:

'old v3.x license isn't valid for v4.0'

so even though i have lifetime Gold level, i guess i'm stuck on MM4 Standard Edition unless i pay for MM4 Gold. bummer.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Then you're not entering a Lifetime license. Did you buy a 3.x license and then upgrade to a Lifetime license?
mm brillig

Post by mm brillig »

GarySFBCN wrote:I'm a gold owner, so I don't expect free upgrades. But I do expect more than 6 days to make the purchase at the special price and I expect the special price to be lower than what is available to everyone on Black Friday.
I'm in same situation and I agree. 6 days is not enough time to evaluate so I'll have to decline. :(
Last edited by Lowlander on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed, but you put the email as username yourself
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

How can you complain about this? You paid for a 3.x license, which is clearly only good for version 3.0 through 3.9. You were not promised any discount for future versions (4+), you should count yourself lucky that you're offered any discount for any amount of time at all.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
Scott

Post by Scott »

I have a lifetime license and never got any email at all, other than the announcement on 11/16 that 4.0 was released. How does the discount on the codec pack work?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Scott wrote:I have a lifetime license and never got any email at all, other than the announcement on 11/16 that 4.0 was released. How does the discount on the codec pack work?
If you have a lifetime license you don't need a new key. Just use the same one in MM4.

Scott

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote:I have a lifetime license and never got any email at all, other than the announcement on 11/16 that 4.0 was released. How does the discount on the codec pack work?
nohitter151 wrote:If you have a lifetime license you don't need a new key. Just use the same one in MM4.
I don't see a place in the codec pack trial to enter my code. Are you saying it won't expire in 30 days because of the MM4 license?
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Scott wrote:
nohitter151 wrote:If you have a lifetime license you don't need a new key. Just use the same one in MM4.
I don't see a place in the codec pack trial to enter my code. Are you saying it won't expire in 30 days because of the MM4 license?
No. A lifetime license is for MediaMonkey, not for the codec pack.

Scott

Post by Scott »

Scott wrote:No. A lifetime license is for MediaMonkey, not for the codec pack.
Right, but earlier in the thread:
Lowlander wrote:Lifetime license holders don't have to pay for the upgrade to MediaMonkey 4, however they can use the discount offered for the MediaMonkey Codec Pack.
I never got the discount offer, so I'm asking how I can get/use the discount offered for the MediaMonkey Codec Pack.
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

Scott wrote:
Scott wrote:No. A lifetime license is for MediaMonkey, not for the codec pack.
Right, but earlier in the thread:
Lowlander wrote:Lifetime license holders don't have to pay for the upgrade to MediaMonkey 4, however they can use the discount offered for the MediaMonkey Codec Pack.
I never got the discount offer, so I'm asking how I can get/use the discount offered for the MediaMonkey Codec Pack.
Probably what happened is that the users that were offered a discount coupon and had a lifetime license had also previously purchased a 2.x or 3.x license.

As I understand it the intent was only that 2.x and 3.x license key holders were offered coupons for upgrade.

rose-m

Post by rose-m »

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. This only 6 days discount is one of the tricks to make people decide to upgrade. I did sadly, foolishly, without having thoroughly read through all the pros and cons.

Now I can't even search by artist or genre.

and I have a effing migraine from the small letters.

Do I regret this move.