MM4 losing play history, # of plays, added metadata

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Champkat

MM4 losing play history, # of plays, added metadata

Post by Champkat »

I am having major issues with the final MM4. When I updated to 1459 all of a sudden MM would not save the Show Ablum art with data, would not save the column sort that I wanted. At times it would save the column sort between different playlists but once MM was closed and restarted it would revert back to showing everything in column sort. I decided to then uninstall MM and start over. I backed up my db and left everything in my Application data\MM folder as is. I uninstalled MM and deleted the Program Files\MM folder. I then re-installed MM4 (1459). I then had to re-install my scripts, etc. When I was finishing that up I noticed that MM4 (1460) had been issued. I dl and installed 1460. I was still having problems with different things. Still the show album art with details view would not stick. I would have to click on the view tab and set it when ever MM changed from playlist to playlist or album to playlist. The column sort was better but it seemed that all the columns wanted to crowd each other. The artist column was sized to show the first name of artist, the date, disc # and genre were all crowded together so that each time you wanted to see those you had to adjust the column size which would not be set between views. Even setting columns and then closing MM it would not set the column sizes. Once again I uninstalled MM and deleted the Program Files\MM folder. I left the db folder.

After installing MM4 (1460) the album art with details view is back. The column sizes are better but I still can not resize and set the column sizes. However now I have a bigger problem. Now whenever I play a track(s), add metadata or otherwise alter the ID3 info it is all lost when I shutdown my computer. I use MP3tag to initially check my files and add comments, etc. That information is still in the tracks. It is the plays, play history, ratings, etc that are lost. What am I missing. I have a lifetime license and have been with MM since MM2. Is this a bug or user error?
Lowlander

Re: MM4 losing play history, # of plays, added metadata

Post by Lowlander »

Are you playing/tagging from the My Computer node?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Champkat

Post by Champkat »

No. I usually go to my Recently Added playlists. Also of note. I have found that analyzed Volume is also lost when I shut down my computer.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Could some backup/security software be replacing the MM database on shutdown/startup with a backup copy?
Champkat

Post by Champkat »

No, I don't think so. I have Norton's 360 and don't use the backup it offers.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If the database were write only it would throw errors when you make changes, so that wouldn't seem to be the problem.

Do you have the File Monitor with startup scan enabled?