How does the internet work with MM4/having issue with a site

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

JCfantasy23

How does the internet work with MM4/having issue with a site

Post by JCfantasy23 »

This may not necessarily be MediaMonkeys fault but I'm trying to understand and see if I can fix this. I'm a heavy user of 8tracks.com and I would love to run the site through Mediamoney in the internet page. It just looks nice when I open the page in a box in there and when I'm in the mood for 8tracks mixes rather than just my library (I don't really use other NetRadios).

In MM, the site opens fine but if you go to play a mix the play button is missing. Here is an example of a mix and you can clearly see a play button, next button, etc., there under the title - http://8tracks.com/snaporaz/library-session-a-new-hope

Also, if I open the interface on their site where you can play it large (example - http://m.8tracks.com/justchillin/just-c ... io-show-37 ) then I see the play button but nothing will happen when I click on it.

I went to troubleshoot the issue through 8tracks site and it says the problem will come from flash not being installed.

I use Firefox as my main browser, but my internet explorer is IE9. Does Mediamonkey use the IE9 from my computer to pull it's internet pages? If so, why can it not play this page like it would if I opened the Internet Explorer Browser by itself? 8tracks works fine on IE9 when I open it by itself. Anything I can do, or is an internet page more limited on Mediamonkey?

I know this is a bit of an unconventional question, but I'm at a loss with this stuff, thank you.
MediaMonkey fan since 2006/ Last.FM Profile / 8Tracks Profile
nohitter151

Re: How does the internet work with MM4/having issue with a

Post by nohitter151 »

Yes, the browser in MM uses internet explorer. I've tested the link you posted and you are right that the play button does not show. However, if I go to youtube I can play flash videos and if I visit the adobe flash website it tells me that flash is installed.

So it must be something in MM that blocks it, but I'm not sure...
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

Thanks for trying to help me on this. :)

Yes when I saw this issue I thought to go to a youtube website also and try and play a video, it worked fine.

It just seems something with this site and it's irritating me enormously as I use it so often.

I tried through MM software, with internet open, to go to troubleshoot site on 8tracks and installed flash (even though it should have already been there) and this didn't help.

I then tried something else before I was sure which version of IE MM uses --- I followed 8tracks troubleshoot directions on if you're having issues if you only use IE that is a lower version. When I installed the google fix, the play button finally showed up on my 8tracks page, but I kept getting a MM error about a song in my library suddenly, so I undid it as it apparently was glitching it out.
JCfantasy23

Post by JCfantasy23 »

In case anyone is interested, I did get it to work but I had to install (with mediamonkey open and copying the URL there), The Google Frame Extension for internet explorer. So, I do get annoying popups sometimes at first saying "Interface not supported", but it works :D Until I can figure out how to stop the errors from popping up I can deal with occasional script error boxes....they stop coming after its first opened and used and I click about five of them at first.

I do have to redo it each time when I open MediaMonkey, however.

It does seem that MM is using an older IE. I foudn someone saying it seems MM uses IE7 even thought they have a higher version and looks like its been posted on the bug site as an issue. If this is the case it would also explain the problem I'm having.