Failed to Import file

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

Otello

Failed to Import file

Post by Otello »

Importing a new album, MM4 failed importing one track, the error message is:

"Error scanning file x:\SACD\Santana\Caravanserai\04 - Santana - Just in time To see theSun.flac - error while reading file info"

Needless to say :D , if I click on that file in windows explorer, MM play it without any problem...
It's the first time I have a similar issue in many years; any suggestions?

Just in case I installed the debug version (1464) and traced a log, it's available @ http://www.marcobenedetti.it/TMP/Santana.LOG

Thanks

Re: Failed to Import file

Post by Guest »

This is a second request about the same problem...

I now have a small collection of FLAC files that come up with this error yet play fine.

I cannot import them into my MM library as a result.....
dlaloum

Post by dlaloum »

Forgot to login before that last post...

As I said, some flac's simply won't come into the library, error is: "error while reading file info"
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Did you send the debug log and sample file to support?
pspower

Post by pspower »

I'm having the same problem. Just got myself a vinyl edition of Tron Legacy Soundtrack, couldn't import them. I primarily use MM4 for FLAC files, and I've no problem importing them until now, first time I've encountered this. Is there anyway we can fix this, don't want to re-download the entire file again.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you sure the files weren't imported? Use the Entire Library > Location node to navigate to the folder where the files are and confirm they are or aren't in the Library. Enable Entire Library under File > Manage Collections.
pspower

Post by pspower »

Yeap, I used the Entire Library node, it couldn't detect the file, other files it could detect, but it couldn't detect Tron Legacy, so it isn't in the library. Tried importing the album again, but the same error came up.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

See Tools > Options > Library settings to make it doesn't block addition and http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... /4.0#Notes for additional reasons files don't get added.

You can also try drag & dropping the file on the Entire Library node and if that fails try playing it with MediaMonkey and see if it plays.
pspower

Post by pspower »

I figured out the problem, this happens when the cover photo is too large, or it's size is too big, for example, when I used a 1000x1000 cover photo, with a size of 21MB, the problem surfaces, by changing the cover photo to one with 400x400 resolution, that's less than 1MB, there's no problem whatsoever.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you share a sample file here or send it to support: http://www.mediamonkey.com/support/inde ... &_a=submit