Upgrading to 4.0.6 Lost all my settings

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

eric.stephani

Upgrading to 4.0.6 Lost all my settings

Post by eric.stephani » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 pm

I just upgraded to 4.0.6, from 4.0.5 and all my settings were lost including which folders I had set to monitor, all my auto naming rules for artwork, and more. Very disappointed. I am still trying to piece together everything since it really up my library.
Last edited by Lowlander on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language

Lowlander

Re: Upgrading to 4.0.6 Lost all my settings

Post by Lowlander » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:03 am

Did you maybe install as Portable instead of normal or vice versa or install in a different location?
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)

eric.stephani

Post by eric.stephani » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:15 am

No I didn't. Standard install in the same location.

dannyno

Post by dannyno » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:45 pm

When I upgraded, I was installing the new version on a PC and a laptop, plus portably onto an external drive and a NAS.

I found that once installed, and MM was open, it wouldn't have my previous skins etc. I just had to shut MM down and open it back up in order for it to pick up those previous settings. And when installing portably, I made the mistake of installing into a new subdirectory of my MM folder, instead of into the MM folder itself. That puzzled me until I spotted my error.

Other than that, I had no problems. So I'd suggest double-checking the location of your installation, your previous ini file, etc. You may find, on closer examination, that things are not where you thought they were.

I always have a backup of ini files as well as db files, just in case.