How to update cover art for individual songs, not albums?

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

philmg

How to update cover art for individual songs, not albums?

Post by philmg »

Hi,
can anybody please help to find a way how to update lists of singles (like top 100 etc.)?
Those lists are not albums, but only a collection of not related songs. MM only allows to search for albums.
Also iTunes does not seem to be able to search for title and artist only for each song separately.

Thanks!
Phil
nohitter151

Re: How to update cover art for individual songs, not albums

Post by nohitter151 »

You have to just use auto-tag from web on each individual track, or look up the art manually in your internet browser and copy/paste it into MM.
MediaMonkey user since 2006
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

i look it up on the web because there are some sites that put bad small images up only and they are so small even making them the size of 72 x 72 icons makes them look even worse.

so i don't let the computer take the chance of getting that bad of one and replacing any good ones i have so i go find them per track my self. mostly search on amazon.com but some times i have to use ask.com to find some old ones.

when i get one i save it to the computer open it in image editor adjust the dpi size to 600 change the size to 500 x 500
then i open the properties for the song in mediamonkey and go to the art tab and uncheck the box for adding to all songs on that ablum cause mostly its a greatest hits of the year album i am working on and i want the artist for that one song
not that album. and i then put the album cover in to the song not make monkey look for it in the folder. this way i can move the song to different computer and that art goes with it.
8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
philmg

Post by philmg »

ok, guys, thanks for your reply, but maybe I should ve mentioned that I don't want to update every song manually.
could have done that already if I wanted to, but I have a job and a family.

so how do I set it on update from web automatically for a list of songs? doesnt MM still only look for full albums?
and will this only be possible for my whole library or for a list of songs only? i dont wanna mess up all the rest of my library.
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

Here's what I've done, for what it's worth.

I grew up when KTel records were big...compilation albums of singles. I have hundreds of singles from the 60s and 70s that don't have albums, so I've grouped them into "KTel" albums, I highlight 50 or so and I do a search for KTel album covers and voila-I have album art. It doesn't really matter to me if the album art is correct, just so I have one and it reminds of the fun I had purchasing the albums.

And if I choose, I can always change the name of the album and keep the art.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

along the same lines now that i know you want mass cover at once. i made some album covers for just that of some artists. i use them like the same cover of dean martin for all his songs reguardless of what album they are on.

i got them up on my web site for people that might want them.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx3/rovingcowboy/albumart.html

thats my site link to the page.
lots of covers just wait for them to load and click the thumbnail to get bigger image. or a zip file of some of them.

i know there is a script here made by trixmoto but i'm not sure if it can download single song covers or if it only does album covers. some one else will know if it does.

8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy 5 Android 5) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.
MusicBringer

Post by MusicBringer »

rrfpacker wrote:Here's what I've done, for what it's worth...Ihave hundreds of singles from the 60s and 70s that don't have albums, so I've grouped them into "KTel" albums, I highlight 50 or so and I do a search for KTel album covers and voila-I have album art. It doesn't really matter to me if the album art is correct
rrfpacker,I like your answer - its just what I do. Typically 50-100 tracks bundled under one album cover [often a pretty looking one :wink: ]
rrfpacker

Post by rrfpacker »

MusicBringer wrote:
rrfpacker wrote:Here's what I've done, for what it's worth...Ihave hundreds of singles from the 60s and 70s that don't have albums, so I've grouped them into "KTel" albums, I highlight 50 or so and I do a search for KTel album covers and voila-I have album art. It doesn't really matter to me if the album art is correct
rrfpacker,I like your answer - its just what I do. Typically 50-100 tracks bundled under one album cover [often a pretty looking one :wink: ]

You are very wise! 8)
nohitter151

Post by nohitter151 »

philmg wrote:ok, guys, thanks for your reply, but maybe I should ve mentioned that I don't want to update every song manually.
could have done that already if I wanted to, but I have a job and a family.

so how do I set it on update from web automatically for a list of songs? doesnt MM still only look for full albums?
and will this only be possible for my whole library or for a list of songs only? i dont wanna mess up all the rest of my library.
MM will only look up cover art for one album at a time. You can look at other addons like batch art tagger for example, but I'm not sure it's been updated to work with MM4 yet.
Need help? Got a suggestion? Can't find something?

Please no PMs in reply to a post. Just reply in the thread.