Classical Collection confusion

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

teapot

Classical Collection confusion

Post by teapot »

Is there any way to stop MM4 from automatically moving music tracks with a Genre of "Classical" in the tag to the Classical Collection during scans ? I'm finding this new to MM behavior VERY annoying ! I spent many hours trying to find out why 620 of 12660 tracks on my hard drive didn't show up in the database after installing MM4 Gold on a new computer and rescanning my entire music collection. I don't see any good reason for having one specific music genre split out and treated differently from all the other genres.
MM Gold:Lifetime version 4.1.25.1895
Windows 7
Denon AVR-X2600H
LG TV OLED65C9PUA
Wired LAN connections
Lowlander

Re: Classical Collection confusion

Post by Lowlander »

This is fully customizable for Gold Users under File > Manage Collections. You can edit the Music Collection to include Type = Classical Music. Free users can enable the Entire Library Collection and use it instead as it always shows all files.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
bobcito

Post by bobcito »

Sorry, I looked at File/manage Collections and a window appears called Options. I searched all the choices and "Music Collection" is not on the list.
So I see no place to enter Type = Classical Music
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Under File > Manage Collections do you see an entry for Music? Configure it (gold feature) and you'll be able to add criteria just like Auto-Playlists.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)