Ripped CD titles not listed

Get answers about using MediaMonkey 4 for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

thefaceman

Ripped CD titles not listed

Post by thefaceman »

Version 4.0.2.1462

When I put a CD in CD Drive and open the Rip window it does not populate the titles before I rip them.

What settings or steps am i missing?

If there is an answer already in the help or forum please post it. My searches did not seem to produce any useful results
Lowlander

Re: Ripped CD titles not listed

Post by Lowlander »

Make sure automatic FreeDB lookup is enabled under Tools > Options > Network.
yarguy

Post by yarguy »

Put a cd in your cd drive.

If you click on the CD itself in the media tree (it will be near the bottom) you should see all the tracks with proper titles and other tag data.

If you go to Tools > Rip Audio CD the window will just show the list of tracks, each listed as Tracknn.cda (I assume that is because there is simply no tagging data on the cd itself).

If you click on OK MM will rip the tracks. Then look in your library (looking in Entire Library the first time or go to the Recently Added playlist - it will be at the top) and find the album you just ripped; you will see the tracks with all the tagged data.

The rip window just reports the information it found on the cd itself, MM uses FreeDb to acquire the track information it uses in the library and to write to the tracks it rips.
rovingcowboy

Post by rovingcowboy »

The only cd's i've had lately that post the titles are made by sony, they still use cd text on theirs. Other companys are cheap a.... and wont do the cd text unless the artist insist's on them adding the cd text.

So that leaves it up to us to either use the freedb info as they have told you or do the typing our selfs. I do the typing. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall. My skins http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=16724 for some help check on Monkey's helpful messages at http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewto ... 4008#44008 MY SYSTEMS.1.Jukebox WinXp pro sp 3 version 3.5 gigabyte mb. 281 GHz amd athlon x2 240 built by me.) 2.WinXP pro sp3, vers 2.5.5 and vers 3.5 backup storage, shuttle 32a mb,734 MHz amd athlon put together by me.) 3.Dell demension, winxp pro sp3, mm3.5 spare jukebox.) 4.WinXp pro sp3, vers 3.5, dad's computer bought from computer store. )5. Samsung Galaxy A51 5G Android ) 6. amd a8-5600 apu 3.60ghz mm version 4 windows 7 pro bought from computer store.