adding media directly to "tv" rather than "Video"

Get answers about using the current release of MediaMonkey for Windows.

Moderator: Gurus

ryanafleming

adding media directly to "tv" rather than "Video"

Post by ryanafleming »

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to actually add media directly into a section instead of having to relabel it manually after every add?

Eg. If i was to add a tv show into media monkey it automatically adds itself to video and i have to manually adjust the tv shows everytime i do this in bulk. However, due to the shear size of these shows it lags media monkey up while it moves media around between my HDD's.

Thanks again,

Ryan.
Click Here to see how Gullible you are.
Sizzly

Re: adding media directly to "tv" rather than "Video"

Post by Sizzly »

If there's a tag or element of the file that's unique to TV rather than Video (probably not - reaching) you can probably pull this off. You'd need to edit both the Video Collection to exclude that element and the TV Collection to include it.
Rob
DJ Sizzly
http://djsizzly.com
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Video files are added as Type=Video except
- they're added as 'Video Podcast' if Genre contains 'Podcast'
- they're added as 'TV' if Genre contains 'TV Show', 'TV Series' or 'Television'
- they're added as 'Music Video' if Genre contains 'Music Video'
From: http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.p ... _Rules/4.0

However I personally have set the TV collection's criteria to Path (Gold feature) so it is done automatically as no Genre's have been assigned to my video files.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
ryanafleming

Post by ryanafleming »

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks for the hint, I am also using a Gold Membership. Just wanted to follow up and ask if you base your TV show files on file path rather than type?

Eg. So when you add files from the "tv" folder on your computer they automatically assign themselves to the TV section, however, when you view the properties of those files in MM they still state that their file type is "Video" not "TV".

If this is the case, is the only way to automatically assign the media I am adding into MM is to add one of the TV series genre's to it?
Click Here to see how Gullible you are.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

ryanafleming wrote:Eg. So when you add files from the "tv" folder on your computer they automatically assign themselves to the TV section, however, when you view the properties of those files in MM they still state that their file type is "Video" not "TV".
Yes, but I don't need the files to be assigned Type = TV as I only care about them being in the correct Collection which Path takes care of.
ryanafleming wrote:If this is the case, is the only way to automatically assign the media I am adding into MM is to add one of the TV series genre's to it?
Yes, as the help states. Note this needs to be done prior to adding them to MediaMonkey as Type gets set on first addition.
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)